- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Welcome! My name is Rob M. and I am professional cellist, string music educator and conductor who recently from the Philadelphia area returning to the DC Area. I hold a Bachelor of Music Education from DePauw University (2010). I am a certified K-12 instrumental/general music teacher in the state of Virginia and Washington D.C. Recently, I completed my Masters of Music in String Pedagogy at Temple University. I've been playing cello for 20 years and I have taught various age groups in public school and private studio settings for the last five years. I look forward to offering my musical expertise and experience working with you to grow musically and to reach your goals!!
I currently substitute for group intermediate and advanced cello class. Additionally, I substitute as an ensemble conductor with the intermediate and advanced orchestra groups. These group classes and ensemble met at Freire Middle School in Center City
Tune Up Philly is an after school El Sistema music program which is affiliated with the Philadelphia Youth Orchestra. It provides music instruction several days a week to parochial and charter school students aged elementary through middle school. Students learn to play their instrument of choice and more importantly how to become upstanding and involved citizens in their community.
I maintained a cello studio of over 25 cellists. I would give weekly 30 minute lessons. I would help students prepare for school auditions, youth symphony auditions and solo auditions. I have also served for two years as a cello adjudicator for the Northern Virginia Region Solo and Ensemble events. Additionally, every spring I would hold an all studio cello recital where students showcased their hard work and practice!
I substitute taught for String Orchestra teachers in the Fairfax County Public Schools system. I have worked with Elementary, Middle and High School orchestra programs
I served as the principal cellist of the International Youth Symphony Orchestra. Additionally, I traveled with the youth orchestra around Europe staying with host families in Germany, France and Belgium for one month. As a sectional teacher, i coached the high school cellists on passage work in sectionals before and during the tour. As a staff member, I ensured the safety and organized of my assigned groups. Overall, an amazing experience for any musician or teacher.
I am a registered Suzuki Cello teacher in Book 1.
Recently, re-certified to teach Instrumental Music Pre-K through 12th grade in the state of Virginia
The Suzuki Association of the Americas (SAA) is a coalition of teachers, parents, educators, and others who are interested in making music education available to all children. The SAA provides programs and services to members throughout North and South America.
The American String Teachers Association, founded more than 60 years ago, is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players, helping them to develop and refine their careers. ASTA's members range from budding student teachers to artist-status performers. The organization provides a vast array of services, including instrument insurance, an award-winning scholarly journal, discounts on publications and resources, annual professional development opportunities, and access to collegial network of colleagues throughout the string profession.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Cello · In home Rob is very knowledgable with regard to the cello--he and my 16 year old son hit it off immediately! He asked my son what he wanted to work on and then they spent the next 45 minutes working on those things. After the lesson, we worked out a continuing schedule of classes for the next few months. We are very happy with Rob as a tutor for my son and equally happy with TakeLessons!
· Cello · In home Rob has been a wonderful and engaging instructor for my 9 year old son. He explains new concepts clearly and is patient providing adjustments and corrections.
· Cello · In home Rob is a great teacher. I hired him to help me play a song at a friend's wedding, having not played cello in years. He had some really helpful tricks up his sleeve to help reinforce the things we went over in each lesson, like bow technique and posture.
Rob was also very flexible in terms of what we focused on at each lesson. Working with him, it's easy to tell that cello and teaching are both passions of his.
· Cello · In home Rob is clearly very happy teaching strings, and his enthusiasm is contagious. My 15 year old really looks forward to her weekly lessons with him. In addition to his dedication and talent as a teacher, Rob is prompt and organized.