Hello my name is Rebekah S., I am a violin and viola teacher.
Member Lakeland Youth Symphony 1991-2000
Participated in 4 Strings Summer Camp for 2 years
Taught at Path 23 home school group for 3 years.
Played in Northern New Jersey Youth Orchestra. Todd VanBeveren, Director and Conductor.
Music Librarian for Northern New Jersey Youth Orchestra.
Played Lakeland Youth Symphonies 50th Anniversary concert.
Played with, assisted Todd VanBeveren, conductor of the New Jersey Inter-generational Orchestra.
Worked with Christopher Nam in the County College of Morris orchestra.
Coached a Northern New Jersey Youth Orchestra Quartet.
Coached in Northern New Jersey Youth Orchestra Music Camp.
Played with Peter Winograd of the American String Quartet as a part of the Northern New Jersey Youth Orchestra
Currently a member of the Montclair Chamber Ensemble.
Played with P.D.Q. Bach as a part of the New Jersey Intergenerational Orchestra
Played with the Montclair State University Orchestra.
Private music teacher for 17 years (Violin).
Studied Modified Suzuki for 12 years.
Associates degree in Music from County College of Morris; graduated in May 2008.
Bachelorâs degree in Music Concentration of community music instrumental at Montclair State University Graduated may 2013
Received 24 years of music training.
I love music and it is my goal to give all kids and adults a chance to learn, no matter the age.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will have a car,music stand, music
*** Specialties ***
celtic music, classical, rock ,pop
· Suzuki Method · In home fun, knowledgeable, flexbile, communicative, accommodating, great with young kids. truly a delight.
· Violin · In home Excellent teacher. Very satisfied!
· Violin · In home Rebekah is a patient, super friendly, lovely all around person and teacher. I am so happy to have her working with me. I hope you take the time to know her. You will not be disappointed. She is a treasure.
· Violin · In home Rebekah is an awesome violin instructor! She is accomplished, patient, knowledgeable, and a very nice person. She is instructing my 16 yr old daughter at our home which is so convenient for me! Sometimes my schedule gets a little crazy but Rebekah is very flexible. I am very happy and my daughter loves her lessons.
· Violin · In home Rebekah is a thorough and patient violin teacher. When my 7 year old, daughter asked to learn the violin, I was not sure if she had enough of a capacity to focus, which is necessary for playing the violin. Under Rebekah's instruction, she has flourished; she is playing scales, songs, and reading music. After each session, Rebekah reviews with me the homework she has assigned to my daughter. Thanks to Rebekah, my daughter is developing a real appreciation for music, while enjoying the learning process. I highly recommend Rebekah!