- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have 48 years of teaching experience, from beginners to advanced students. I also teach the people no one else thinks are teachable because I work with people from where they are and find their best learning styles. Several of my students are now professional musicians, but that's not everyone's course. I teach every age range from 3-83 and everything from classical to country-western. And I teach every orchestral and band instrument, and guitar, bass, and drum kit and some instruments you've never heard of. I also teach voice, pop, rock, opera, doesn't matter to me.
*** Lesson Details ***
Important Note: I will no longer take new students that want lessons every other week, beginning Nov 1. Inconsistent lessons, especially with younger students, allows them to forget too much between sessions.
What I teach is transferable to EVERY endeavor whether it's music or math or soccer. I require practice on the student's part. You will be able to play recognizable songs within your first month. You tell me what you or your child wants out of music lessons, and I will tell you exactly how to get it.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lesson will happen in a space next to the family room which is upstairs. Teacher has a collection of instruments, music stands, couches for seating. Park on the street or driveway.
*** Travel Equipment ***
*** Specialties ***
I'm flexible. I have taught everything from country western guitar to classical guitar, from Jazz trumpet to orchestral audition music, from barbershop singing to Broadway musical singing. I have even taught ballet. I cater my methods to the student's best learning style.
I have been giving private lessons and group lessons in everything from guitar classes to individual voice/instrumental lesson. I have also conducted church choirs and written music that has been performed by the Simpson College Choir. In addition, I have written and arranged music for various and sundry instruments that members of the congregation have performed for Christmas and Easter services. The Fine Arts Academy has also offered lessons in art and dance, though I no longer have the physical capacity to teach dance, and art classes are done only through boy/girl scout programs now.
I have taught Part time and Full time at several schools, K-12 vocal and instrumental music.
Private lessons on Saxophone and Voice for the purpose of polishing my teaching skills in those areas
Certification for music instruction in public Schools
5 year program completed in 4 years that certifies me to teach Kindergarten through 12th grade vocal and instrumental music
· Banjo · In home First time using a banjo was a bit awkward trying to keep my fingers on
the right strings.
· Guitar · In home Rebecca is a great teacher. She zeros in on your individual talents and needs. I must say, I'm doing better than I ever thought I would and I know it is because of Rebecca's insights to her students and her knowledge of music!
Happy teachers day Rebecca!!!
· Saxophone · In home Rebecca is a friendly yet professional instructor. I felt at ease. She has a natural easy way of correcting errors. And has unique ideas about practicing to correct mistakes. I would recommend her to anyone seeking lessons.
· Guitar · In studio Excellent Instructor
Very knowledgeable with instrument Guitar.
· Guitar · In studio She is good as gold
· Speaking Voice · In studio Understood right away what needed to be worked on. Good connection with student- inspires student to work/practice.
· Guitar · In home She was very knowledgeable,as well as personable. She explained things well for my daughter.
· Guitar · In studio Good introduction. Good explanations.
· Guitar · In home She explained things so my 10 year old granddaughter could understand. I like that a lot.
· Singing · In studio Quick analysis; learn at every appointment