- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I began playing piano at age six and I received my early training from Jeanne Pennino and later studied with J. Mitzi Kolar, Krzysztof Brzuza, and Karen Follingstad. I earned my Bachelor of Music degree in Piano, Professional Studies from San Diego State University. I plan to pursue a Master of Arts degree in Piano Pedagogy and/or Music Theory in the near future.
I have been professionally teaching piano since February 2008 when MuzikAdict Piano Studio was established. I am a believer in balanced musical training. I currently reside in San Diego and keep busy teaching piano and practicing my own repertoire. I am an active member of the Music Teachers Association of California, San Diego Branch.
My 65+ students participate in various programs which include but are not limited to Certificate of Merit through the Music Teachers' Association of California (MTAC), Southern California Junior Bach Festival, The Carnegie Hall Royal Conservatory Achievement Program, and AP Music Theory.
*** Lesson Details ***
I am an extremely patient teacher with experience teaching students ages 3-84 at various levels. I use a variety of curricula since each lesson is tailored specifically to each student.
*** Studio Equipment ***
1) Yamaha Clavinova CLP-555 fully-weighted 88-key Digital Mini-Grand Piano, 3) Gemeinhardt Flute, 4) Studio copies of all method books used, sheet music and materials used during lessons,
*** Travel Equipment ***
Gemeinhardt Flute, method books and materials needed during lessons,
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in teaching classical music, but also teach jazz/pop/Broadway/Sacred styles. I am familiar with and use various different methods including but not limited to Faber: Piano Adventures, Keys for the Kingdom, Bastien Basics, and Suzuki. Each lesson is tailored toward the individual student's needs.
An American honor society for undergraduate students, graduate students, and professors of music. There are currently 205 active chapters and approximately 64,500 individual members.
MTAC aspires to be the recognized leader in (1) Student Programs, which make a positive impact in the quality of music education and in the lives of music students; (2) Member Programs, which inspire quality teaching, the pursuit of ongoing teacher education and member involvement with community outreach; (3) a thriving Foundation, which funds Student Programs and member needs through its investments, donations, and grants.
Sigma Alpha Iota is a professional International Music Fraternity for women. Formed to uphold the highest standards of music and to further the development of music in America and throughout the world, it continues to provide musical and educational resources to its members and the general public.Sigma Alpha Iota operates its own national philanthropy, Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc.
· Piano · In home Rebecca has such an easy personality. My daughter leaves motivated to learn more and can't wait for next lesson.
· Flute · In home Our daughter had a great time with Rebecca for the 18 months she took flute lessons from her. We saw her level improve very quickly and she was able to jump ahead in her school orchestra after only 2 months with Rebecca as a new flute student. Rebecca is a professional but also a lot of fun. We highly recommend her.
· Flute · In studio Rebecca taught may daughter new techniques that helped her improve after just one lesson!
· Piano · In home Rebecca is an amazing teacher and exudes energy and passion when teaching our daughter. She is also very patient and understanding of little children's attitude and behavior which I know can be very challenging at times. Our daughter has been learning from Rebecca for the past two years and is not only able to play but explain the music to myself and others (who, I should say, do not have any musical ability). Our daughter has a new found passion for music because of her lessons and I can't thank Rebecca enough for her help and dedication to our daughters learning.
· Piano · In studio Rebecca is a great instructor! After a year of lessons, my 12 year old daughter (new to music lessons) she still continues to love her lessons! Rebecca is reliable and keeps lessons fun. Highly recommend!
· Piano · In home Rebecca was very professional and has great knowledge about music. She is very attention to detail and patient at the same time. It was a pleasure and great honor to have her as my instructor.
· Piano · In studio Rebecca is a great piano instructor! Rebecca is very easy to work with, provides excellent instruction, and my child loves doing lessons with her.
· Piano · In home Very patient and genuine.
· Piano · In home Rebecca is a wonderful piano teacher and sweet person. Our daughter started lessons at 4 and 1/2 years old and Rebecca has been patient and caring and knows how to keep her engaged and having fun - while truly learning to read music, keep a beat and play her first songs. We've had just the best experience in every way.
Now 5, Anna enjoys going to lessons, she loves playing her songs for family and is beginning to get an appreciation for music, for learning and for what a little practice can do to improve her playing. We keep things fairly low key at home in terms of practice time since she is 4, and I want it to continue to be fun and for her to continue on with lessons as she gets older, but it amazes me what Rebecca has been able to teach her and how confident and proud she feels after her lessons.
We highly recommend Rebecca for any age!
· Flute · In home Rebecca has a very good rapport with children, I can see my daughter improving after only a few lessons.