- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I love music and I love teaching! I started out with a passion for musical theater, and eventually I developed a love for opera and art songs. I love how singing requires both physical awareness and mental focus, and I will strive to teach the balance of these aspects. Whether you want to gear up for karaoke or learn how to sing an Italian aria, I can offer you advice and training to help you meet your goals.
I've had a great deal of experience reaching out to students of all ages. I taught undergraduates while finishing my masters degree in Chicago, and while performing outreach with the San Diego Opera and Anchorage Opera. Outside of music, I love competing in triathlons!
*** Lesson Details ***
I will cater each lesson to meet the student's individual needs. Our lessons will be 100% focused on YOU! Each lesson will begin with a warm up to help you find your true voice, and then we can move forward with repertoire choices. We'll explore music which the students will enjoy singing, from musical theater to oratorio to opera. I own a variety of music books, including musical theater anthologies, beginner Italian aria hits, English and French songs, and oratorio.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Formal Living room w/ studio grand piano, seating for parents
*** Specialties ***
Bel canto method
· Singing · In studio Cecelia LOVED her first lesson! (She is a bit shy, so it may be difficult to read her sometimes...)
· Singing · In studio I started taking lessons with Rebecca over 2 years ago. It was one of the best decisions of my life. Rebecca is a fantastic teacher, very energetic, patient, encouraging and fun. I feel like I am a whole different singer than I was 2 years ago. Before, I used to like singing. But now, I love it, and I have the confidence I need to sing with friends and feel comfortable with my voice. If you are considering taking singing lessons, Rebecca is the way to go! :)
Thank you Rebecca!
· Singing · In studio She is doing an awesome job with my kids
· · Can't thank her enough...
My daughter really enjoys singing lessons with Rebecca! She is fun and challenging. My daughter's confidence in her own singing ability has improved since she started lessons. She no longer hides behind other students during school concerts. She stands out and looks beautiful and confident while she sings. Rebecca works hard to make sure you get the best possible experience. She is definitely respected and admired for her singing and teaching abilities.
· · My daughter loves Rebecca! She is one of the most kid-friendly instructors we have come across, for any of the activities we have done. Rebecca's skills are amazing and I can only hope that my daughter absorbs at least half of the great information she is being taught.
· · Friendly, comfortable, encouraging, humorous, highly skilled professional makes singing fun.
As i am new to singing with major self doubts, Rebecca is giving me courage to move forward.She is a truly wonderful teacher and i recommend her without reservation. Sometimes her descriptions can be long and occasionally a bit over my head;I feel in time i will understand this lingo, so that i can learn and move forward.
· · Rebecca always has helpful , positive feedback.She understands quickly how to relate to the person, is motivating and encouraging. I always leave with good exercises for singing and looking forward to coming back.