Hello! I am a classically trained vocalist and percussionist, with a BA in Music, specializing in Education and Theory. I have taught band, choir, orchestra and piano in high school and middle school. I have also done Music Directing with kids aged 7-14 for various musicals and have taught elementary students aged 4-9, so I am ready for whatever you've got! I have also appeared on stage in various settings including opera, musical theater, solo work and even the occasional karaoke night. I am willing to work with your schedule and offer scholarships to those who are willing to earn them!
I created and taught a music program for pre-k through second grade for each and every student in those grades in the district, focusing on instilling a love of and interest in music so, when able, the kids would insist on participating in music at higher levels.
I took notes, headed sectionals, acted as manager and rehearsal conducted for the Symphony Silicon Valley Chorale under the baton of Maestra Elena Sharkova.
I did the vocal directing for three shows and two rounds of "camp" (6-10 weeks of intensive weekly classes) for students aged 7-14.
I taught beginning and advanced band and strings, choir, and general music for grades 6-8. I also taught jazz band and a few other classes on my own time.
I taught band, choir and piano to students 9-12. This included competitive marching band and percussion groups.
I have earned my clear credential through the State of California, indicating that I have not only completed the studies necessary to complete the credential, but have also completed the auxiliary training and studies to be credentialed for life.
· Trumpet · In home Rebecca is very talented and patient with my 8-year old son. I'm very satisfied with our lessons.
· Violin · In home Nice and pleasant instructor....Thanks!!!!!
· Trumpet · In studio Best teacher ever
· Singing · In studio Rebecca worked with my son before his performance in his spring musical. He was very happy with his voice lessons with Rebecca. She put him at ease and gave him very good instruction. We recommend Rebecca highly!
· Violin · In home My son is enjoying his lessons. He was very excited after the first lesson. He is very glad to have this opportunity to learn the violin.
· Piano · In studio Very good Quick to compliment 5 stars
· Piano · In studio Best instructor ever. My son loves her.
· Piano · In home Rebecca is patient and fun. My son enjoys his lessons.
· Violin · In home Rebecca is the best! Teachers teach and learners learn. She has made me an instant learner!!!
· Piano · In studio Charming, easy going, and endlessly informative. I couldn't imagine a better teacher for the pace I want to go at and the skills I want to focus on.