- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am currently an active musician and artist-instructor based in Brooklyn. I perform regularly with several bands spanning a wide variety of styles and genres. Whether it's grooves, jazz, improvisation, technique, rudiments, or sight reading you're looking for, I will tailor an approach to fit your goals for playing the drums. I am also well-versed in music theory, which adds valuable context for drummers and enables you to build and shape a composition's impact with rhythm and texture. First and foremost, I believe in using music as a valuable outlet for creative self-expression and for communication.
I teach group music classes at a public school in Brooklyn, NY as part of their after school program. Through interactive exploration of instruments and musical concepts, students gain the knowledge to use music as a creative outlet for expression and a means to communicate their ideas.
The Center for Creative Youth is a month-long arts intensive for high school students ages 14-18. I have been on staff for 5 years teaching workshops, assisting interdisciplinary classes in the arts and coordinating the Arts Advocacy Project trainings (a program through which students use art to engage with their communities). I have also served as an accompanist for Steel Pan Orchestra, Javanese Gamelan and West African Drum and Dance Classes.
Developed and executed 6 week performing arts curriculum for girls ages ages 6-14
Taught World Percussion and Rhythms Workshop; coached rehearsals and culminating performance
Coached big band and led sectionals for students ages 10-18
Taught group percussion lessons including drum kit techniques, chart interpretation
Broadcast Music Inc. was founded in 1939 by forward-thinkers who wanted to represent songwriters in emerging genres, like jazz, blues and country, and protect the public performances of their music. Operating on a non-profit-making basis, BMI is now the largest music rights organization in the U.S. and is still nurturing new talent and new music.
· Drum · In home Rachel is great with our daughter. We were looking for a female teacher (they're apparently hard to come by) and Rachel is SO much fun. Our daughter is 16 and has really taken to it.
· Drum · In home Rachel was great! We hired her for my son and she's not only a very great teacher, but just the right of fun (for him) and easy to work with (for me). He's been working with her for a few months now and we look forward to continuing.