- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 5 to 18
I have been playing the violin for 12 years and have taught lessons on and off for the last five years. I have a minor in music from BYU and have participated in several orchestra groups over the past several years. Right now, I play Violin II the Houston Sinfonietta. I love to play the violin and I love teaching children how to play this wonderful instrument.
*** Lesson Details ***
I teach 30 minute, 45 minute, and 1 hour lessons. (For students younger than 8 years of age, 30 minute or 45 minute lessons are recommended.) Each of my lessons is taught one-on-one in my home.
I teach a combination of the Suzuki Method and a traditional style. The Suzuki Method creates a strong technical foundation to build upon while also training the ear to work independently of note reading. I combine this method with a more traditional approach as I teach students to read music and sightread.
What to expect in a lesson:
- Learning to correctly hold the violin and bow with proper position
- Learning the names of notes and placement of fingers
- Note and rhythm training/reading; key and time signature training
- Ear training
- Beginning level Suzuki and traditional pieces
- Ensuring that proper positioning and posture is upheld
- Scale and rhythm training; key and time signature training
- Ear training
- Intermediate level Suzuki and traditional pieces
- Learning shifting exercises and vibrato
- Scale and rhythm training exercises/etudes
- Ear training
- Advanced level Suzuki pieces and/or traditional and other classical pieces
For the first lesson:
Beginners: Please bring your violin (appropriate for your size), bow, shoulder rest, and Suzuki volume 1.
Intermediate-Advanced: Please bring your violin, bow, shoulder rest, and your most recently performed/polished piece.
Parental involvement in younger students' lessons and at-home practicing is HIGHLY encouraged!
· Violin · In studio Very impressed with first lesson for my daughter. Rachel is patient, a good listener and an obviously highly talented, skilled musician who can also teach. My daughter came home energized, ready to practice and looking forward to future lessons.
· Violin · In studio Was wonderful. Rachel was very understanding and knowledgeable. She had a lot of patience. My daughter loves her and cannot wait for her next lesson.
· Suzuki Method · In studio .
· Violin · In studio Rachel is very Experienced and very patience in making understand what music is about and how it should be started for 6 years old girl....
· Violin · In home Rachael over exceeded our expectations,she was very informative and patient with my son and myself and my son and I are very pleased with outcome of his first lesson. Thank You
· Violin · In studio My daughter was happy with the lesson!
· Violin · In studio My son came back really happy after his first class and said that the teacher was really nice!
· Violin · In studio Ms. Rachel was very helpful and knowledgeable.
· Suzuki Method · In studio Competent and knowledgable