- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a 22 year old music graduate available to teach all ages voice, guitar, piano, bass, songwriting and music theory lessons in Manhattan.
I've been studying music for over a decade, from Texas to the UK to New York City. I was a top high school vocalist in Texas, winning multiple titles and awards in classical voice and going on to perform in musical theatre productions and popular music groups in Austin and Liverpool, England, where I received my BA Music from the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts under Sir Paul McCartney. Since moving to NYC, I have been playing and writing for a local band and teaching lessons at a music school out of the city. My background gives me a diverse and varied approach to teaching music, with an emphasis on learning technique/theory and its application to "real world" music situations. I offer voice, piano and guitar lessons from the age of 5 up to any age. I am also available to help teach music theory and songwriting for any future maestros. Reach out and let's set something up!
At B2R, I teach private, semi-private and group lessons in voice, guitar, piano, ensembles and early childhood development.
Led teams through escape games, maintained store cleanliness, worked front desk (including answering emails and phones and maintaining a sense of fun in the lobby for customers waiting for their game), set up and fixed game rooms when needed.
As a University dance coach, I led practices, exercises, choreography and was the point person for the Foxes hip hop team for the competition year.
At this overnight summer camp, I took care of cabins of campers and was part of a small music team that took care of all music needs on camp. This included, but wasn't limited to: teaching guitar lessons, playing at religious services, playing at campfires and recording the annual camp CD.
· Jazz Voice · In studio Rachel's teaching style is fun and flexible, but real if she needs to be. She's taught me how to control my voice and break down difficult songs into manageable sections. I would (and have) recommend her to my friends.
· Vocal Training · In home Rachel is a very supportive teacher. My voice, and my understanding of music has gotten better under her instruction. She has demonstrated a lot of patience with me and keeps a sense of humor, which I appreciate. I highly recommend Rachel!