I began piano lessons at four years of age, and was blessed to have an amazing piano teacher, who taught me for 14 years. She gave me a passion to teach others and impart to them a love for music. I have carried on that calling and taught hundreds of adults and children over the last 30 years. I am very thorough in my method and customize each lesson around the goals and dreams of each student. I incorporate theory, ear training and technical into all my lessons, regardless of the style of music they are learning. This gives my students an all-round musical education and appreciation for this wonderful gift they have in their hands.
I have experience in the professional music world as a pianist and french horn player, performing with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra, Australian Opera Chorus and Orchestra, Sydney Sinfonia, Sydney Philharmonic Orchestra and Choir, as well as productions of "Cats", "Phantom of the Opera", Sesame Street, and touring all over Australia, U.S.A. and Israel. I have also been a part of the worship teams at Hillsong Church and C3 Church Australia.
I studied at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, and also received my Licentiate Diploma from the Trinity College of London (L.T.C.L.) in French Horn (Teaching) and Licentiate Diploma from the Trinity College of London (L.T.C.L.) in Piano (Performance). So my experience not only comes from an inspiring teacher, but also from hundreds of performances on stages across the world working with the finest of musicians, singers, conductors and worship leaders.
I love music, and more so, love imparting it to others.
*** Lesson Details ***
Students come away from their lessons inspired and excited about their ability to accomplish their dreams. Whether it is to play 'Phantom of the Opera' or an Adele song, Debussy's Claire De Lune or Jingle Bells, I show them how to do it and help them get there. I am very thorough, taking no short cuts, but making it fun to learn an instrument. You will be amazed at what you are playing in three to six months!
*** Specialties ***
Classical, Jazz, Rock, Contemporary Christian
Teaching private music lessons to children and adults of all ages.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Peter is a down to earth pro. It has been a pleasure to learn under him.
· Singing · In home We have only been to one lesson, but already love Peter! His enthusiasm, kindness and encouragement, made the lesson so fun! It is obvious he Is very experienced in music and understands how to teach well. We are so blessed to have found him!
· French Horn · In studio My son has studied french horn with Peter for 2 years now, and he looks forward to lessons every week. Under his guidance I've watched my teenager excel as a musician, and I've grown to admire Peter's teaching methods. We drive halfway across town to get to there ... because HE'S WORTH IT. It's true that Peter listens to his student's goals. He has literally tailored the lessons around my sons auditions while simultaneously giving him the necessary building blocks to continue growing musically.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio My son loves the lessons with Peter. Peter is a very good teacher and he is very consistent in making sure results happen. Peter is very good at pointing out my sons weaknesses and strengths and helps him to constantly work on them. We really like his direct and to the point style of teaching and think he's a great fit for us!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio We LOVE Peter! He has such an easy going personality and his instruction in learning the guitar makes it easy to pick up. I would recommend Peter to any age who has the sincere desire to learn an instrument. I know I can trust him with instructing my son, as well as any member of my family.
· Piano · In home As an adult student (52) returning to the arduous task of learning the piano, Peter has been a blessing after four different piano teachers. Peter is patient, kind, inspirational, and probably most important for a budding musician, is not shy in emphasizing the necessary discipline necessary in performing a piece of musical as it was written. I'm quite confident that I will be able to reach my goals with Peter's instruction.
· Piano · In studio Just a class act!
· Piano · Genuinly cares about his students
My son has had piano lessons with Peter for about 7 months. His ability to play the piano has developed so much in such a short space of time. Peter has been encouraging and attentive to my sons specific desires to learn piano. We are so grateful to have Peter as our instructor.
· Piano · Couldn't ask for a better techer
Not only is Peter very friendly and pleasant as a person, but he is a exceptional teacher. I am a instructor myself and he knows how to personalize teaching so I understand and stay motivated. I feel as though I am learning quickly and he moves at my pace. I am very busy in life and he finds a wonderful way to make learning work for me. He such a comforting teacher and has a loving family, which makes the learning atmosphere safe and warm. If you are thinking of having a music teacher I know Peter would be the best choice, and anyone can learn from him:)
· Guitar · Excellent teacher!!!
My son has been taking guitar lessons from Peter for the past 6 months, and we are so impressed by his ability to not only teach the guitar, but to build the lessons around the student, and create a passion to learn the instrument! His home is such a friendly atmospere every week and Peter is always so inviting and easy to connect with. We would recommend Peter C. to anyone with a desire to learn any instrument, and we are now starting lessons with Peter for our daughter as well.