- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am energetic, experienced and creative music teacher with a proven ability to get the very best out of pupils, an expert at identifying the appropriate resources required for a subject matter and ensuring that they are used efficiently and effectively Most of my students read and play simple music after 2-3 classes of active instruction.
I posses an extensive classical music and music pedagogy training. All my musical knowledge and expertise was attained in Eastern Europe. I play and teach piano, upright bass, bass guitar and a range of other instruments. Over the years I taught basic piano, the beginner violin, viola, cello and a variety of school instruments such as recorder and xylophone. I also teach advanced music theory, harmony and basics of composition and orchestral arranging required for music colleges. I especially find it rewarding working with beginners and the opportunity to show them the amazing world of listening, playing and making music.
The teaching begins with identifying student's musical needs, goals and tastes. Students are taught a stimulating, thorough, and graduated course of recital solos, theory, technical studies, and classic repertoire. For those wishing to pursue more of a classical approach to music, there are proven methods to accomplish that goal established by European master teachers and pedagogues. Also, I can teach the know-how of Jazz and Blues though gradual lessons that cover basic theory, scales and chords up to melody and harmony development.
*** Lesson Details ***
The learning process should be, for the most part, fun and based upon a strong relationship between the teacher and the student. Curriculum and lesson plans are based on student's abilities and aspirations with appropriate balance between theoretical and practical work. The lesson material is always carefully chosen, and when necessary, adapted to specific learning needs.
With a proper approach, everyone can learn to play music. Whether you want to pursue a music career, or just play for fun and enjoyment I can help you attain your goals. From basic piano and stringed instruments, to advanced theory, harmony, composition and improvisation to jazz, pop and rock.
Classes are not based on a single source or book. I provide other exercises in printed form for students to keep and take home.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Two high end digital keyboards, two violins, viola, cello, upright bass, bass guitar and amplifier, music stands, stereo equipment with a large CD collection of just any conceivable music style.. Assorted school instruments: recorder (soprano and tenor), xylophone. Various music charts and a large library of music resources and other books; Extensive e-library and ability to print any required material on the spot. Instant access to many on-line sheet music resources.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Full size and a school grade digital keyboards , bass guitar, amplifier, staff paper and other printed resources, violin, viola, spare parts, maintenance tools and equipment.
*** Specialties ***
Pop, Classical, Jazz, Ethnic and Modal music, Composition, Arranging, Harmony, Counterpoint, Advanced Music Theory
General music, piano and vocal teacher from pre-K, to 8th grade. Duties included: teaching pupils basic music theory, principles of vocal and instrumental music; developing teaching materials and updating the assessment, recording and reporting systems to monitor a student's progress. Teaching a range of standard school instruments such as recorder, glockenspiel and other Orff Instruments using the combination of pre-existing curriculum and own materials.
Strings, piano and a General Music teacher, 5th through 8th grade. The job involved teaching pupils the basic principles of music, music theory and stringed instruments; developing teaching material for music classes; evaluating student's interest and aptitude to determine a suitable instrument for them; providing individual instrumental lessons. Assisting students with extra-curricular activities and updating the assessment, recording and reporting systems to monitor a student's progress; directing all string orchestra holiday on-campus performances; assisting chorus teacher with piano accompaniment and arrangements for mixed choir.
6 mo course on piano tuning and basic piano repairs
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Upright Bass · Online
· Upright Bass · Online Peter provides great instruction and has a fantastic rapport with his students!
· Upright Bass · Online Fun and informative - thanks!
· Cello · In studio Peter is amazing, with just a few classes she was able to play a tune. He is great with children and the parents as well. Very patient and dedicated! Definitely recommend.
· Upright Bass · Online Peter provides me with challenging material to practice that fits both my ability and my interest. Often the music he provides is material that he hand writes. He has a knack for pushing past where I'm comfortable without overwhelming me. I would recommend him to anyone.
· Cello · Online I really enjoyed my lessons with Peter, he was professional and kind as I took on a new adventure in learning cello and reading music as and adult. Skype was a wonderful option since I couldn't find any local instructors. There was a delay in sound at times so we would accidentally talk over eachother or I didn't know what was being asked to play, but we worked it out ans overall I would say it's worth it and would recommend Peter.
· Piano · In studio I loved my first lesson. I left challenged and couldn't wait to tryout what I've learned.
· Cello · Online Very good teacher, very patient and I had fun. I feel I got a lot out of our sessions and I plan on continuing.
· Bass Guitar · Online Peter has been a great instructor. He really knows his theory, practical applications, and is easy to work with. I've been taking lessons with him for about a year, and my playing has really gone to the next level by taking lessons with Peter. I had taken lessons from various instructors for years and haven't made as much progress as I have with a year with Peter. Highly, Highly recommended.
· Piano · In home Peter has been working with our son who has special needs for a few weeks. It has been challenging but he has exhibited much patience in working with him. It is also very nice to see the progress in our son.....We would definitely recommend Peter...