- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Pete. I've been playing guitar for over 15 years. In 2011 I graduated from the prestigious Berklee College of Music in Boston with a degree in Professional Music. There, I spent several semesters studying with Tomo Fujita (former teacher of John Mayer and Eric Krasno). I've also studied with legendary guitarist Pat Metheny and Jack Pezanelli. Stevie Ray Vaughan, Wes Montgomery, and Jimi Hendrix are responsible for inspiring me to play guitar and I specialize in teaching blues and jazz guitar, bass, and piano. I firmly believe that every serious musician should study ear training and music theory and I incorporate these areas in my lessons as long as the student wants to study this way. I've performed with a bunch of great artists in the Boston and Philadelphia area.
In 2011, I successfully obtained my master's degree in Jazz Studies from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. The master's program was an intense submersion in music performance that shaped me into the musician that I am today. I was lucky to study with Don Glanden, Mike Kennedy, and Kevin Hanson.
I am also well versed in computer recording software and DAWs. I teach students how to use software programs such as Logic and Reason as well as notation software like Sibelius and Finale. With some basic training in these programs, I can teach a student how to effectively record and produce professional quality recordings so that a student can write, record, and produce their own music.
*** Lesson Details ***
Because I've studied with some legendary teachers who have taught some legendary students (like John Mayer), I'm able to pass on to my students the same knowledge that these incredible teachers passed on to me. I guarantee that I will be unlike any guitar teacher that you've had before. Along with instrumental training, I offer extensive lessons in music theory and ear training. My family is full of educators and I've experienced the teacher-student relationship from a young age. I am fully committed to developing lesson plans based on the route that a student wants to take, whether it's just learning the basics and playing along to your favorite songs or engaging in serious study and preparing for college auditions. I am available to teach at any location within the Philadelphia area.
*** Stylistic Focus ***
I specialize in jazz and blues. At Berklee, I was able to take instrumental labs that spent an entire semester focusing on the playing style of certain guitarists. I've taken the Wes Montgomery lab, the Pat Martino lab, the Jimi Hendrix lab, the John Scofield lab, and the Stevie Ray Vaughan lab.
· Guitar · In studio Well thought out lesson. Pete knows how to help overcome hurdles for the beginning guitar enthusiast.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Pete is doing a great job! Nice, accommodating and highly skilled.
· Ukulele · In home So far so good
· Guitar · In studio Patient
· Classical Guitar · In studio Peter is a great teacher who can be very flexible according to the 'path' the student wants to take. In my case it was classical, but we branched off into Electric Bass and steel string a few times.
This guy is phenomonal with a steel string - and a very thoughtful teacher.
· Blues Guitar · Online Terrific instructor. Highly recommend.
· Guitar · In studio Great guitar teacher. Incredibly knowledgeable. Really takes the time to understand my playing ability and needs and then develops the perfect lesson plan. I have improved dramatically after just 5 lessons.
· Classical Guitar · In studio Peter is the second teacher I have studied under for the guitar. The first taught me, as a raw 60 year old, a few chords, tab and strumming technique. It took years. Peter has taken me in a few months far beyond this. Classical guitar, music theory and 'finger style' playing. I am amazed that this young man has the patience and teaching ability to move an old timer like myself forward. He is incredibility flexible, not only in scheduling lessons but in shear musical ability - it didn't phase him in the least when I showed up with a electric bass one day and asked him to show me some basics. Now I'm studying both! Highly Recommended.
· · Exceeds Expectations!
Peter not only has the credentials and talent, but also possesses a keen ability to effectively instruct by adjusting the pace and content of each lesson. I had high expectations and he exceeded them. Furthermore, Peter is very flexible and selflessly accommodating, when needed, which is invaluable to me considering my busy schedule coupled with the fact that I must travel 1.5 hours each way to attend lessons (Confirmed, it is worth 1.5 hrs. to get there.). I fully endorse Peter and believe he would be a perfect fit for all levels and musical interests, especially if you are interested in blues and / or jazz. Believe me... don't hesitate.