To keep things organized please keep the following general guidelines in mind:
Takelessons is a wonderful service that I use to handle all my payments and scheduling. I want to focus on the teaching, so they help with the rest.
I have a 24 hour cancelation policy, please give me at least 24 hour advanced notice, or you will forfeit your lesson credit.
All scheduling changes or time off can be requested right from the website for your convenience. it's super easy!
Use an email that you will actually check to sign up for notifications, it's not spam, it's to help us all stay organized.
Remember to please reserve your spot by paying in advance.
Online students please make sure you have the highest connection speed available to you. This will ensure you get the most out of the lessons.
*** Equipment ***
For academic tutoring, please send me your latest quizzes/homework or study guides so I can prepare for your specific needs.
For guitar lessons, please make sure you have your own instrument, and a note book or device to take notes with.
For private wrestling training, I am able to come to any training facility you have access to that is within my range of travel. The minimum requirement is a 10x10 mat space.
Academics -- Experienced in tutoring reading comprehension, vocabulary, mathematics (algebra, geometry), history, geography, international relations, biology, French, Farsi, or SAT Prep.
I have a Masters Degree in Global Communication from George Washington University, having graduated with a 3.75 GPA. Fluent in English, French and Farsi (reading and writing), semi-fluent in Spanish. I also have a Bachelors Degree in International Relations from North Carolina State University, graduating Cum Laude with a 3.6 GPA.
Guitar -- 15 years experience playing, 3 years experience teaching with Guitars not Guns youth charity, and 9 years private instruction experience. Available to teach beginner to intermediate guitar players of all ages. Can teach beginner to advanced music theory. I am a great music teacher for someone who wants to write songs, or is into blues, soul, funk, hip hop, R&B, classic rock, folk, pop, reggae, or metal.
Wrestling -- Collegiate D1 125 pound Varsity Starter at North Carolina State University (12-12), 2x Captain and State Qualifier Green Hope High School in North Carolina (107-24). 9 years of coaching experience in a group setting with all ages, 7 years private lessons experience with ages 9-18. Excellent with young, committed wrestlers seeking to grow to the next level no matter their experience level.
My passion is and always has been sharing my the disciplines I've committed myself to with people.
I am a scholar, athlete, and musician. My focus in academics and athletics paved the road to my professional career, with music being the first discipline I set my mind to. Commitment to these disciplines have taught me the key skills that have helped me succeed and make it to this point in my life: focus, dedication, and a thirst for learning. These three qualities trump any natural talent anyone claims to have.
Volunteer Teacher for a charity aimed at preventing violence in at-risk youth through music
• Taught guitar to at-risk youth in urban Washington D.C. at the Rita Young and Latin American Youth Community Centers in Columbia Heights, as well as at the Sitar Center in Adams Morgan for two years running.
• Worked with students of various backgrounds and cultures (all beginner musicians), providing mentorship and being a positive role model.
Worked as a Wrestling Instructor/Tournament and Clinic Organizer
• Head Coach of afterschool “Crusader Club Wrestling” in cooperation with a Catholic elementary school.
• Taught wrestling to elementary, middle, and high school club wrestlers.
• Gave private lessons to individual wrestlers or pairs.
• Managed and maintained positive relationship between parents, wrestlers, and staff throughout 6 seasons of practices and tournaments.
• Supervised campers overnight over night stay at various wrestling camps and competitions.
Small Group Leader, selected as a member of 6-student Leadership Council
• Led small groups of up to 10 students in intercultural immersion programs.
• Planned and administered various events in cooperation with local non-profits and businesses for up to 250 French International Business M.A. students with the goal of intercultural interaction with NCSU students/
· Guitar · In home Pedram is a fantastic guitar teacher and I would recommend him to anyone who wants to improve their playing and their understanding of music.
Pedram's lessons combine practical, concrete guitar-playing advice with more advanced instruction on music theory. Together, these have made me a much stronger performer. He's also a really friendly and fun guy. I think he's a great teacher for beginners, intermediates, and experienced players alike.
· Guitar · In studio Pedram is a fantastic and inspiring teacher. His easy way of explaining chord structures gives me hope that I will not just be able to play along with tabs, but also improvise on my own very soon. I always feel energized and confident after an hour with Pedram, and the training exercises he gives me to practice are really challenging, but skill-building as well.
Definitely hire Pedram if you want to learn guitar like a master!