- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 5 to 18
**Will be leaving for maternity leave in October 2017, but am willing to accept summer students, online lessons, or beginners***
I graduated from the University of Kansas with a degree in Music Education (vocal emphasis) and a trumpet performance minor. I then completed my Masters in Vocal Pedagogy in December of 2015. Right now I am teaching K-8 General music and 5-8th grade band and Chorus. I have been a private studio instructor for the past 6 years.
If you are pursuing voice I can teach you Classical operatic singing, Broadway style, or Art Songs (Lieder in French, German and Italian.)
If you are pursuing trumpet I can enhance your skills whether you are just beginning or are already an intermediate player.
*** Lesson Details ***
I prefer to work with children and female students! (No adult males)
I am a teacher that helps you reach whatever goals you set for yourself. You tell me what you want to accomplish and I will work together with you to make it happen. I will create a curriculum according your personal needs and skill level.
If you are taking lessons with me you will learn lots of music theory and music history. I want you to understand the style and reasoning behind each piece of music you play.
*** Studio Equipment ***
The in studio lessons are taught in the living room which includes a piano (88 key weighted), books, and seating. Student must provide own trumpet. Parking is in guest spaces.
The Elementary School lessons are taught in a classroom which includes an upright piano, books, & seating. Student must provide own trumpet. Parking is in lot.
*** Specialties ***
German Lieder and Italian Arias
Certified to teach General, Band, and Choral Music in Public and Provate Schools Grades K-12
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Singing · In home My daughter really enjoyed her first lesson with Susannah and can't wait for next week!
· Piano · In studio What a great teacher!
· Piano · In studio Excellent. Great with kids.
· Singing · In studio The first lesson with great!. Susannah is extremely kind and welcoming. My daughter said she wished she would have started years ago.
· Broadway Singing · In home She is the Best Music coach you could ever have
· Singing · In studio My kids love her
· Trumpet · Online Susannah was wonderful. She was patient, nurturing, and knowledgeable as she worked with my 10 year old son. Susannah provided age appropriate explanations that will help my son build a strong musical foundation as he learns the trumpet. We look forward to more lessons with her!
· Piano · In studio My daughter felt comfortable with this teacher right from the word go. Communication with her has been excellent. Has a pleasant demeanor while getting her points across during lessons. Would highly recommend to all.
· Piano · In home I like her as person , she is patient and loves what she does . Excellent
· Piano · In home For a first-time lesson. She was very good at going slow and making sure he understood what she was talking about.