- Teaches students:
- and Ages 5+
- Teaching since:
- September 1996
Paula W. is a graduate of Walnut Hill School for the Arts (Design and Production), Pomona College (Dance and Theatre Management), The New School University (Screenwriting and 3rd World Cinema), and the Alvin Ailey School Professional Division.
She has taught English, reading, writing, musical theater, dance, and playwriting to students ages 3-adult in the US, Asia, Europe, and South America. She has also served as an English teacher for various corporations, including KPMG and MultiChannel. She co-authored a series of textbooks on using Musical Theater in the ESL classroom, and subsequently presented her work as as an invited speaker at TESOL New England 2010 and TESOL Arabia 2012 in Dubai. She currently writes for several online publications under her own byline. When not writing, she is the Owner/Director of Pepsqually VO and Sound Design, Inc., a small voice over and dubbing firm focused on English-language adaptation and dubbing for foreign language cartoons. She is also the Artistic Director of The International Partner Dance Intensive (TIPDI), a series of dance camps and workshops for adults who dance. She has danced, taught, and performed Argentine Tango since 2002 in the US, Asia, Europe, and South America. She is also an internationally-ranked West Coast Swing (WCS) dancer, and teaches at dance events around the US, as well as universities and summer dance programs. She teaches regular weekly partner dance classes in NYC, as well as teaching privately.
Casting and performance direction for voice over for cartoons, commercials, and educational programming for companies in the US, Asia, Europe, and South America. Flap-adaptation, script adaptation, and copy writing for voice over. 14 years experience as a voice over artist, prior to shifting in to directing projects.+ Read More
- Creator and founder of The International Partner Dance Intensive (TIPDI).
Curriculum design, website creation and maintenance, hiring, scheduling, travel coordination, fundraising, budgets, etc. for a year-round series of dance camps and workshops geared entirely towards adults who dance.
- Daily article writer for Celebrity Networth
- Daily blog writer for Water My Blog (Boston, MA)
- Scriptwriter for Human Focus - Educational Videos (Surrey, UK)
- Commercial copywriter for AIMViz (UAE) and TDA Enterprises (Canada)
*Full writing resume available upon request
Taught group classes and private lessons for executives and staff at multiple corporations in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Taught English Musical Theater, Visual Arts, Dance, Phonics, Conversation, and Comprehension to students ages 3 to adult
- Developed the curriculum for the HKA academic program, including writing the 1st and 4th grade textbooks for the 2010–2011 academic year, and the textbooks for the HKA summer and winter camps.
- Wrote, directed, and choreographed three full-scale musicals for HKA participants
- Developed the curriculum and taught phonics for 200 four to six- year-olds at the Gaon Language School
- Co-designed and implemented an English “Immersion”program for 45 six and seven-year-olds at the Gaon Language School.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.+ Read More
When I started my English lessons with Paula I considered myself a weak reader, and writer. Paula opened a huge door for me, guiding me through the material, and answering all my questions. She listened wholeheartedly, and tailored the lessons to support my needs. She's supportive, compassionate, kind, and incredibly intelligent. I would absolutely recommend Paula as a teacher. She won't let you down!+ Read More