PATTY L. is a nationally recognized knitting teacher and technique expert who has taught thousands on Craftsy, Interweave, Annie's and at knitting shows around the country
such as Vogue Knitting LIVE, Knit and Crochet Show (the official show of TKGA and CGOA), and STITCHES., Patty’s Craftsy class “Improve Your Knitting” was named Craftsy’s most popular class of 2013!
Patty's designs and knitting skill articles have been published in Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits, Knit Purl, Knitter’s Magazine, Cast On, Knit Style, and Creative Knitting, magazines, where she also writes a knitter’s advice column called “Patty’s Purls of Wisdom”. Patty’s designs have also been included in pattern collections from Classic Elite, Noro, Cascade, Tahki Stacy Charles and Kollage Yarns.
Writes a knitting advice column for Creative Knitting Magazine called "Patty's Purls of Wisdom".
I am a National CYC certified teacher, and I've taught thousands of students around the country.
I am a professional knitwear designer who has been published in many books and magazines as well as a regular columnist with Creative Knitting.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Knitting · Online My session with Patty was extremely helpful. I really liked the online video format. I was able to correct some tension issues which I now need to practice. I'm looking forward to our next session!
· Knitting · Online If you want to learn HOW to knit the best you can, and WHY the best way gives you the best result, it is Patty you want to learn from. She is able to scale her teaching to simplify and clarify, from first steps in yarn and needles to complex maneuvers, with excellent instinct for where the student's abilities currently lie, and to enhance the student's skill with immediately applicable takeaways. She teaches your knitting to soar. I am pumped and cannot wait for my next class!
· Knitting · In studio I am a self-taught, long time knitter with the most basic knowledge. I have eschewed many patterns that require advanced techniques. One session with Patty was revelatory about the why of doing. I left with greater confidence, eager for my next lesson.
· Knitting · In studio Patty was great. It was my first lesson with her but I'd tried to learn before without much success. Patty was able to explain mechanics it a way hat made it finally click with me. I have homework now so we'll see how I do next week!
· Knitting · Online Patty is a fantastic teacher. She explains everything VERY clearly and never takes anything for granted. She makes you understand the how's and the why's of what she is teaching, so that you can really get the 'full picture'. In addition to that, she has a great sense of humor and explains things in such a way that you never ever get bored. I have purchased several online classes and workshops taught by Patty (on Craftsy, Annie's and Interweave) and I have never regretted it! When I see something is taught by Patty Lyons I know it's going to be good! I live in Italy so I've never got to take live classes with her but I hope it's going to be possible sometime soon!
· Knitting · In studio The two classes I took with Patty back in Aug 2015 are still resonating with me. I learned so much and keep going back to the handouts and samples we completed so I can keep up the skills she taught so wonderfully! I keep checking Patty's site to figure out when I can take another class with her - whether in person or on line I would do it in a heartbeat!
· Knitting · In studio Patty Lyons is a remarkable combination two talents essential to playing with sticks and string: expert knitter and excellent teacher. As if those talents weren't enough, she also has a delightful sense of humor. I took a class with her at Vogue Knitting Live NYC and it was great. If you have the opportunity to learn from Ms. Lyons, jump on it! You'll be so glad you did.
· Knitting · Online I have taken a couple of Patty's online classes through Craftsy and they changed my knitting. I have been knitting for over 50 years and her tips have really helped. I have also tried new knitting styles and techniques because of Patty's classes. She has such a down to earth approach and a great sense of humour too. I look forward to more classes.
· Knitting · In studio I took two classes with Patty at Stitches Texas. She is the BEST! Patty's classes were fun and informative. I took Patty's Knitting Bag of Tricks and Learning to Knit & Purl Backwards and came away feeling I had more than gotten my money's worth in her classes. She's a definite repeat for me.
· Knitting · In studio I took a class with Patti at Vogue Knitting Live in NYC and within 30 seconds was sure I wanted to bring her home with me! She is as funny as she is informative. In one class I learned more than I had in 3 years of previous knitting. I live in upstate NY but am hoping to work one of her workshops into my next trip to NYC. If I can't I will be taking one of her online courses!