- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
I enjoy helping other people find the groove within them, strive to improve, and adapt their drumming regimen to make "the work" of drum practice feel more like the "play" of sport and meditation ... fun, free, and refreshing
- Teaches students:
- Ages 8+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
7+ years teaching college-level creative and performance technology as a professor in multiple Philadelphia institutions:
- Temple University: Boyer college of Music and Dance
- Drexel University: Westphal college of media
- Art Institute of Philadelphia: Audio Production program
Drumming for over 25 years.
Performed acoustic and/or electronic drums on over 12 recordings
Rehearsed and performed local or touring in over 10 bands.
Electronic instrument service/customization for 10 years.
Since 2016, I've given drum-lessons my home studio; teaching rock/jazz/metal/rap and more to students 6 and up.
Presently on staff at Philadelphia School of Rock.
Expertise in drum machines for fresh perspectives on kit or computer.
With training in Psychology and Dance, I teach RHYTHM for exercise and meditation as much as for musical empowerment and expression.
1-on-1 coaching with students 6+, teaching:
basics of drumkit technique,
● song analysis and rehearsal for ensemble performance
● basic to advanced drumkit techniques
● drum rudiments
● personal ergonomics and economy of motion
1-on-1 lessons teaching:
● drumkit technique
● song study for play-along to recordings
● drum notation and literacy
● rudiments and stick control
● ergonomics and economy of motion
● e-drum fundamentals, to get the most from an electronic kit (metronome training, sound design, sensor calibration, etc)
The IEEE-SA is a leading consensus building organization that nurtures, develops and advances global technologies. Our standards drive the functionality, capabilities and interoperability of a wide range of products and services that transform the way people live, work and communicate+ Read More