- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Knowing that you are looking for a instructor to teach you music puts a smile on my face. You see, music has been a part of my life since the age of 3. Some of my first memories are of me accompanying my father at home with his rehearsals or just singing together to have fun as a family. I believe music is a gift that unites people together bringing out our deepest emotions that words cannot express. At the age of 5 I received an organ and from that point on I embarked on a long life journey to indulge and learn more about music. In elementary, junior high and high school I was involved in any subject dealing with music. I joined school choirs, orchestras, bands, marching bands, jazz bands, musicals you name it. While enjoying all school music activities I was selected to join in honor county and state orchestras and choirs. In junior high and high school I was selected to play for the Junior Pacific Symphony Orchestra, received scholarships to music summer camps, and was selected musician of the year. In college my quest continued with the Orange Coast College Orchestra, Praise Symphony Orchestra, Vanguard University Orchestra as well as guitar ensembles and college choir groups. I've also taken private lessons from Dr. Art David (Julliard graduate) in stand up bass as well as David Black (Pacific Symphony Orchestra) and classical guitar with Richard Glenn and David Murray. I've been teaching now for 15 years in guitar, classical guitar, bass guitar, stand up bass, cello, piano and voice ranging from 5 yr old to 65 yr old. My styles of music range from classical, jazz, rock, blues and contemporary. At this point I'm enjoying playing and singing in my church choir and worship team as well as teaching my two kids the joys of music. I hope you truly enjoy the joy of learning music whether it be through me or another teacher.
*** Lesson Details ***
As a teacher I require all students to set time aside to practice. For without it, it is only wasting your time, your money and my time. I don't expect a total dedication to it but I do want to see some effort put into it. A little practice can go a long way and the more you do it, the faster you will progress and the more you will enjoy it. We will first start off with what you want out of music and the level you are at and go from there. Student can bring their own music either thru tabs, music sheet or just by ear but one thing I do expect is a student to learn how to read music notation. We will go thru the regular warm up exercises, material practiced during the week and any new music for the following week. Correct techniques in how to hold your instrument or voice procedures will be addressed. Music theory will also be part of the lesson as well as ear training. At the end of either 3 to 6 months you will have learned the basics of music and will be playing songs for you or someone else to enjoy. I will make it a total relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere but some dedication has to put on the students' part.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Dedicated music room, guitar both classical and electric, piano, cello, upright bass and electric bass guitar
*** Travel Equipment ***
I provide my own instrument. I can also provide music stand, small amplifier if needed and music material for the first few lesson until student provides for him/her self. Student must have own instrument.
*** Specialties ***
My way of teaching would have to be that they must learn how to read music while learning how to play an instrument.
One on one music tutor either at student's home or my studio.
Taught guitar and bass privately one on one
Also taught guitar classes at local elementary schools contracted to Keynotes Music School.
Taught guitar & bass one on one. Also taught guitar as a class.
Taught guitar and bass privately one on one
· Singing · In home Omar is helping me with what I wanted to do. That makes him the best.
· Singing · In studio I thought the lesson went well, I have never taken lessons before therefore have nothing to compare to. I felt I got what I had expected out of the first lesson. Looking foreword to the next.
· Guitar · In home Omar is a patient and great teacher. He knows how to keep his students motivated by always trying new songs and challenges.
· Cello · In studio Great teacher. Thanks for accommodating our busy schedule!!!
· Cello · In studio Omar was kind with my never had a lesson status said we should get started and had me making some nice sounds with the cello in no time at all
· Bass Guitar · In studio Enjoyed the session
· Piano · In home The lessons are for my son and he is enjoying learning from Mr. Omar. I would recommend him as an instuctor, he's on time, courtious, and knows his stuff.
· Bass Guitar · In home Cool guy, seems to know a lot and is adaptable to the students needs
· Cello · In home Could"nt ask for another teacher. we are 100% satisfied on the lessons for Paloma. Thank you so much Omar!!! God bless you
· Guitar · In home My granddaughter actual called me to say that she really felt comfortable with Omar and she really likes him. So far so good. Thanks Omar