- Teaches students:
- Ages 15+
- Teaching since:
- September 2011
Hi, my name is Olga. I am a native Russian speaker. I moved to the US five and a half years ago. I have been teaching private and group lessons since 2011.
- Tomsk State Pedagogical University, Tomsk, Russia (1996)
- STARTALK Program for teachers of Russian language, Alexandria, Virginia (2014)
- Course: “Russian Language as a Foreign Language. Lessons for teachers”, Moscow (2016)
Current position: Teacher of Russian for Adults, School of Russian Language and Art, Nashua.
My teaching method is based on three basic principles:
1. Clear and simple instructions in grammar;
2. Real life practice materials to make our lessons interesting and fun
3. Cultural knowledge to give you more confidence communicating with native Russians speakers and to help you avoid awkward situations.
All lessons are based on individual needs and interests.
Looking forward to help you reach your goals.
Olga is bright, cheerful, and very pleasant. She is obviously well experienced in teaching Russian to complete novices! Her courses are well thought out. She is alwats very well prepared. Her presentation is original and exciting. She uses lots of interesting props. I think these may have been based on her experience of teaching children but are very well adapted for adults. She is clearly proud of her Russian heritage and culture, and in addition to the practical way wshe teaches the languagem brings to her students a deep understanding and appreciation of life of ordinary people in modern Russia which paints a much more nauanced pictiure from what we get from our newspapers and TV.
I recommend her without hesitation,