Whether you're a beginner or more advanced, age 5 or 500, in my experience, with just a little bit of practice each day anyone can learn to play guitar.
Maybe your goal is to simply learn to play your favorite songs or maybe you want to learn to write your own music, improvise, or perform live.
Like all good things in life, there are no shortcuts, and learning the guitar takes time and effort, but in return you get the ability to express yourself through music, which is one of the most rewarding skills anyone could ever learn, at any age and in any situation.
My main focus is on helping you reach the point where you are actually playing music, instead of endlessly going over exercises or theory.
I want you to be able to play music you would enjoy listening to, because this is when you will start to truly appreciate your accomplishment, and progress will start to come much easier.
Together we will discuss your personalized course, based on your goals and situation, and along the way I will provide materials/tools and a summary or a recording of each lesson as needed, for you to take home to work on.
Different aspects we'll discuss are technique, chart/sight reading, music theory, ear training, soloing/improvisation, and developing a strong sense of rhythm, most of which will be done through simply learning to play the songs you like.
Besides the basics, it's very important to learn how to independently keep challenging yourself, learn from your mistakes and continue growing musically, simply using your ears and whatever information you can find online or anywhere else, even without my help.
Besides teaching you how to play I can also help with finding the right instrument and equipment, provide advice on guitar/amplifier maintenance and setups, as well as recording techniques, or any other practical matters related to playing music/guitar.
Lessons can be either at your residence or at my fully equipped home studio in the Hollywood Hills/Studio City area. In a beautiful and private environment, with plenty of (free/safe) street parking available.
Lessons via Skype are obviously available as well.
I look forward to hearing from you!
As a guitar teacher I have 14+ years of experience, having taught at various music schools (both here and in Europe), as well as teaching privately.
My expertise is Blues, Rock, Pop and Funk/Soul, but I can teach you the basics of styles like Metal, Jazz, Classical and Latin as well.
I have many years of live/studio playing experience, in a variety of genres, on various instruments, both here in Los Angeles as well as in Europe.
· Guitar · Online Great lessons! Providing lots of avenues to take my playing to the next level. Nils gives very clear explanations and has a great understanding of music theory and how to apply it
· Guitar · In home Amazing teacher!
· Guitar · Online Expertly gages your experience and tailors the lesson to meet you where you're at. Tons of knowledge, excellent first lesson!
· Guitar · Online Great teacher! Makes excellent use of lesson time and I was able to immediately apply things I learned.
· Guitar · In home In the beginning, it was great, I loved it, but I moved in Paris recently for family reasons and guess what, They told me I need to pay for 1 month! It's not Nils's fault but Takelesson's
· Guitar · In home He's top notch. Nils has a really positive attitude and is very patient.
· Guitar · In studio He was on point and thorough
· Guitar · In home As an adult learner who's never even held a guitar until now, I put in a lot of time and effort into finding the right guitar instructor. I wanted someone extremely patient and empathetic to the struggles of a novice, in addition to being an expert musician himself. I found all that and more in Nils B. Don't hesitate to set up a lesson!
· Guitar · In home I'm a singer/songwriter that wanted to play guitar to help make it easier to write songs. It's only been 5 lessons & Nils has already taught me so much & I can feel my potential growing with each lesson. If you want a teacher who cares & teaches you right I highly recommend Nils!
· Guitar · In home My daughter love her lessons with Nils. And I can see already some progress