- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Nikita and I am a violin, viola and guitar instructor with 13 years of teaching experience. I work with international students of all ages at every skill level. So I am fully committed to the entire range of musical education.
Have you been contemplating professional music lessons? You have found the right teacher! I acquired a Master’s Degree in the St. Petersburg State Music Conservatory of Russia. For over 20 years of my musical study and career I was not only teaching, but successfully performing in numerous concerts and recitals as a solo/chamber ensemble/symphony orchestra performer. I am also a recipient of various awards for republic and international competitions, amongst which are the V International Competition, Ukraine, and XXXIII Republic Competition, Kazakhstan.
Do you think the lessons also should be interesting and fun? You’re right! For the best results you need to enjoy the entire process. That is why my lessons are always easy to understand, interesting and fun.
I would love the opportunity to assist in your growth and development in the musical arts and remember… you’re never too young or too old to start!!!
• Henrik Wieniavsky: 1-st Concerto, 2-nd Concerto, “Faust” Phantasies, Polonaise D-dur, Polonaise A-dur, Scherzo-Tarantella, Variation on the Original Theme
• Niccolo Paganini: 1-st Concerto, 2-nd Concerto, Dance of the Witches, Caprices (included 24)
• Peter Tchaikovsky: Violin Concerto
• Yohan Sebastian Bach (violin solo): 1-st Sonata (whole); 1-st Partita (Allemande and Double); 2-nd Partita (whole); 3-ed Partita (Loure and Gavotte)
• Pablo de Sarasate: Andalusian Romance; Spain Dance; Introduction and Tarantella
• Amadeus Mozart: 1-st, 2-nd and 4-th Concertos
• Charles-Camille Saint-Saens: Introduction and Rondo capriccioso
• Felix Mendelson: Concerto e-moll
• Pierre Rode: Caprices
• Rimsky Korsakov Golden Cockerel Fantasy (arr. by Efrem Zimbalist)
• Initiated and participated in numerous charity concerts in churches, orphanages, schools and veteran’s centers
• Volunteer tutor at various summer camps, successfully helping students to solve problems related to rhythm, intonation and technique
• Orchestra of Radio and TV, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2004-2015
• Orchestra of State Jazz Philharmonics, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2006-2015
• State Academic Capella of St. Petersburg, Russia, 2008-2009
• Chamber Philharmonics of St. Petersburg, Russia, 2003-2010
• Symphonic orchestra of Rimski-Korsakov State Conservatory, Russia, 2005-2011
• Various Music Colleges Symphonic Orchestras, Russia, 2000-2005
Musica Nordica Tour (St. Petersburg-Novgorod-Tver-Moscow, Russia, 2006)
Nights of Organ Music (Maltese Chapel, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2006-2008)
Exceptionally gifted musician and educator, with expertise in the instruction of undergraduate and graduate students. A passionate professional with over 12 years of experience in the instruction of violin performance, including orchestra repertory, high string techniques, string literature, string pedagogy, and musical education. An excellent communicator, and a creator of an all-inclusive and diverse rich culture which expedites learning and facilitates growth. Multilingual proficiency in English, German and Russian.
Proven expertise in:
• Creative Music Development
• Solo, Chamber, and Orchestra
• Multicultural Diversity
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Student Recruitment and Planning
• Teaching Methodologies
• Excellence in Communication
• High-Performance Culture
FREELANCE |KOBLENZ, GERMANY . NOVOSIBIRSK, ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA. LEBANON, PALMYRA, PA, US
Music Instructor, Artist Performer – Violin (2004 – Present)
Supervise, coach and hire national and international students for music colleges and conservatories, including rehearsals, scheduling of courses and evaluation of performances.
Teaching music to a variety of students from the US, Canada, Australia, Germany, South Korea, Japan and Russia. Providing exceptional instructional approaches and strategies to facilitate optimum learning outcomes.
+ Headed the violin group for the Symphony Orchestra, including rehearsals, and monitoring of the performance of the violinists.
+ Engaged students through pedagogical approaches and assess varying learning styles and needs by creating a conducive learning environment.
+ Designed and innovated teaching methods and lessons to stimulate growth in the students, and guided them to achieve their personal and professional goals.
+ Collaborated with students, peers, parents and senior leadership, to foster development and continuous improvements that aligned with the College’s philosophies, values, and goals.
+ Volunteered and tutored at summer camps, assisting students to solve problems with rhythm, intonation, and technique.
+ Initiated charity concerts in churches, orphanages, schools and veterans centers, providing performance opportunities for students and enhancing the student’s volunteer enrichment.
+ Took part in Master Classes of Professors of Moscow, St. Petersburg and Novosibirsk conservatories, such as Eduard Grach, Vladimir Ovcharek, Antonina Kazarina, Marina Kuzina.
· Violin · In studio My daughter takes violin lessons with Nikita. He is doing a great job introducing her to proper techniques and helping her learn how to read music. I am impressed by his patience and schedule flexibility. It was a good decision selecting Nikita as our violin teacher to prepare my daughter for school orchestra in the next year. We would highly recommend Nikita to our friends and colleagues wishing to learn violin.
· Violin · In studio First lesson was an excellent experience. I did not have a violin and prior to my first lesson, Nikita took me to several places to select a violin and a bow. This was invaluable to me. I love my violin and Nikita helped me get a very good price, more than 35% less than the listed price and about 40% less than what I had budgeted. He tried the violins at the places we went and people would stop what they were doing and watch and listen to his playing. It was so beautiful. I plan to have Nikita as my teacher for years to come.
· Guitar · In studio A+. He is very professional and takes his time to make sure you understand the lesson. He pays very close attention to the details to make sure you do not learn or continue to use bad habits. His teaching method is very impressive. He makes sure that you know why you are doing something and not just memorizing chords. He puts theory into the lesson so you understand why you are doing something rather than just memorizing chords. I'm on my 6th lesson and I only know 6 chords that I learned on my own. But my wife is an accomplished pianist, my kids plays piano, trombone and saxophone and my.wife and kids teachers says he is teaching the correct way. Anyone can remember a chord and strum strings but once you understand how the guitar works and what it means to move from string to string on different frets than you are way ahead if the game. I highly recommend Nikita.
· Guitar · In home Nikita is a true professional. Very passionate and extremely helpful. I highly recommend him to anyone who is interested to learn this instrument.
· Guitar · In home He is a great teacher! He balances technique with expression in his teaching, from learning scales to performing pieces. He made it challenging, but fun. He taught me and all my siblings as well and they have all grown to appreciate music and gained skills that they use in other areas of music and learning.
· Violin · In studio Having worked with Nikita and knowing him personally, I hold him in very high regards. Not only Nikita is an outstanding performer and musician, but he also is a very strong teacher, who holds high level of professionalism. Nikita finds individual approach to each one of his students, helps them find passion for music within themselves and express it in their performance, all of which are key pedagogical qualities. Having music as an essence of his life, Nikita naturally sparks love for music in other people. Nikita gave me many helpful tips on how to become a better performer, as well as how to have the confidence to be one. But above all, Nikita has a very bright personality, a very lighthearted sense of humor and a natural ability drive people towards him. Nikita is a very inspiring young man.
· Guitar · In home I've been taking Nikita's lessons for last 3 years and not only gained guitar playing and signing skills but also greatly enjoyed each and every lesson. Nikita's ability to adjust the education with respect to your level and personal interests is just amazing: classic music and modern songs, theory and practice, even your own favorite musical compositions make the educational program. This is much more than I could imagine!
Nikita has also been teaching my son for 5+ years and the result is simply awesome!
Thanks a lot Nikita, looking forward to keep attending your classes!
· Guitar · In home Hi Nikita taught several of my children for over three years on violin and on guitar. Of several instructors we interviewed he was by far the best. Nikita is so encouraging and really strives to help the kids reach their potential. He is an excellent musician and an excellent teacher and that combination is not easy to find. My oldest daughter is studying to become a music ed teacher so we have had a lot of experience with music teachers.
· Violin · In home Nikita has been our daughters' violin and guitar teacher for the past 3 1/2 years. I have always been impressed with the way that he is able to work with each girl's own particular learning style and personality in his approach to them. Nikita encourages his students to stretch themselves to the next level, all the while maintaining a great rapport and enjoyable atmosphere to the lesson.
· Violin · In home Nikita ist ein begnadeter Musiker ,ein liebenswerter Mensch und ein winderbarer Lehrer!
Ich habe es genossen ihn auf der Geige spielen zu hören. Er nahm mich mit in musikalische Sphären, die ich bis dahin nicht erreicht hatte.
Danke, lieber Nikita! Mach weiter so!