- Levels Taught:
- Elementary, Middle School, High School, College
Our focus will of course be on coming to a complete and correct understanding of exactly what you are reading. Depending on the level you are at, our sessions will eventually inspire you to develop your own bold and unique opinions on everything that you read going forward.
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+
- Teaching since:
My name is Nick and I have been tutoring in writing since I was in high school. I love to work with students from grade school to grad school and help to make lasting adjustments that improve writing over the long term.
I became a Writing Consultant at St. John's University when in college where I worked with hundreds of students at every stage in the writing process. From brainstorming topics to write about, all the way down to making sure references have been correctly annotated, I covered it all. I can help you with any and every stage of the writing process that is giving you trouble and ensure that you are more equipped with strategies to help avoid any familiar difficulties going forward.
The experience I have in teaching writing coupled with a positive attitude and personality make for a pleasant and productive tutoring session that will alleviate the stress of your assignment, course, or subject matter and leave you feeling more confident in yourself and your ability to complete similar work in the future.
I genuinely want to and enjoy helping you become better and accomplish what you need to. I am excited to help out and hope to hear from you soon!
• Taught and coached 4th grade student on English grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension, and five paragraph essay structure over the the course of the 2017 school year.
• Used outlining and structure building exercises to help student understand the correct components, layout, and chronology of a five paragraph essay.
• Implemented supplemental grammar, spelling, vocabulary, comprehension, and creative exercise to help improve and develop specific areas of concern.
• A combination of learning a system to help the student understand and visualize how to properly structure writing, coupled with consistent practice, repetition, and exercising targeted areas of the student's writing has provided him with the tools and knowledge to continue to improve and become an even stronger writer.
• Counseled a diverse population of students (from local Queens residents to international students). Advised students in every stage of the writing process including planning, outlining, drafting, and editing.
• Effectively communicated strengths and areas in need of development for individual students by evaluating work, providing feedback, and making recommendations for improvement.
• Conducted tutoring sessions online, communicating with and aiding students via live-chats and email tutoring.
Nick is very patient and knowledgeable. He has helped me reconstruct many paragraphs in essays/college papers that I had to write. He has a keen eye and sees all the little mistakes and ways things could be rewritten to convey point. He has looked over several of my papers and edited them, and also helped me to learn to write better- not just fixing the problem for me. I have watched my grades go from C's to A's over time, he's great !+ Read More