- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
I focus on 5 primary areas in my lessons to provide the student with a solid core for lifelong growth through music:
1. I help players develop an efficient playing style that focuses on proper breathing, breath control, body positioning, embouchure, tongue positioning, and air flow.
2. I help players develop excellent technique and help players develop multiple approaches to handling technical passages.
3. I help players understand and develop musical concepts and an approach to their own sound.
4. I help players prepare for auditions at all levels, up to professional auditions.
5. Last, I help players understand how to teach themselves to be better so that they can continue to grow musically throughout their lives.
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
I am a professional trumpet instructor who has been privileged to study from phenomenal teachers throughout my career. My hope is to pass on the information that I have gathered in a way that enables you to become a better musician so that you become fully confident and capable of expressing yourself through music.
For individuals who are preparing for conservatory auditions, I can help you develop the nuances that are essential when approaching the classic repertoire.
My goal is for you to have confidence and a solid sense of musicality during your audition so that you can present your best self.