- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I love helping students to reach their goals. Tomo Milicevic (guitarist for 30 Seconds to Mars) is a former student of mine.
I have the experience, dedication, and patience to help any student reach their goals. 23 years private instruction and 6 years classroom instruction experience.
B.A. Jazz Performance Wayne State University
Studied Masters Secondary Education University of Phoenix
I have toured nationwide with:
The Miracles, The Temptations, The Capitols, Dennis Stufano, The Tokens, The Classics, The Reflections, The Crystals, The Shirelles, The Drifters, The Coasters, The Hollies, The Vandellas, Martha Reeves, Shirley Alston Reeves, Ron Dante, The Shades of Blue
I also have performed with:
Rio and the Rockabilly Revival, Allen as Tim and the Dance Hall Rockers (country), Big Will and the 360 degree band(variety), Saoco (latin jazz), 7 Million Jigawatts(rock and soul), Rhythm Society Swing Orchestra(big band), The Fringe(original rock),
Wishbone(top 40), Amy Gore and her Valentines, Beth Stalker(jazz/pop)
During the seven years of classroom instruction I arranged and rehearsed small groups to large ensembles. Classroom instruction included music theory, ear training, composition, practice and performance techniques.
Background check was passed to be able to teach students under the age of 18.
· Guitar · In studio Nathan is fantastic! He's informative & makes hard concepts seem easier with the "drills" he gives. It's nice because the drills don't feel like drills because he uses fun songs to help instead.
· Guitar · In studio Wonderful experience ... I hope to continue soon
· Ukulele · In studio Great first lesson! Nathan is a very knowledgeable and patient teacher!
· Guitar · In studio I have taken drum lessons for over 3 years recently I wanted to learn guitar to help me to read, count, bars from the intro, rest between the songs during the bridges, get in and out playing drum easier. While 3 years learning drum I learned a little bit of guitar, also I had seen how other students learned guitar from the different teachers and compare to now then I can for sure Nathan Montgomery is the best teacher I have ever seen. He is very good with great techniques and theory. This teacher is down to earth. The monster of playing guitar. I am following him to his home in Ferndale from Gus Zoppi Music Center in Sterling Heights because I really like the way he teaches music. It take me a little longer to drive. However, I even like there better. His own studio is way bigger than the little room from Gus Zoppi so I feel very comfortable in an open space. The studio have a sofa set, and coffee or hot tea is also ready for parents while waiting for kids during their lessons. He also sends me texts sometimes asking how I want my coffee or tea so he could repair it. How nice of him right ! I highly recommend this great teacher to anyone.
· Guitar · Online What I like in my lesson is that Nathan is always presenting a different to play a song. Nathan is great at showing me the best way to learn a chord sequence. When I struggle with new chords he displays a more complex way to play so that the original way is now easier. He focuses on building me into a better guitar player by listening and watching how I learn. I'm very satisfied with Nathan's techniques as an instructor.
· Guitar · In studio Nathans' fantastic understanding of musical concepts, ability to convey those concepts and finally demonstrate on the guitar make him a wonderful instructor. He also has an uncanny knack to hear a song for the first time and pick up his guitar and play the song THEN write it down for me to learn. Still impresses me every time!
I would encourage anyone who is interested in learning to play guitar to consider him as their teacher.
· Guitar · In studio I have progressed a ton while working with Nathan! After a year I can tell my playing has improved immensely, and I have learned things like memory tricks and finger stretches that I didn't know would impact my playing in the way that it has. Nathan goes beyond teaching you how to just play something, he makes sure you have a thorough understanding of the concepts behind it so you can make more progress faster. Nathan is a great teacher that has helped me enormously with guitar!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Studied guitar with Nathan for about 3 years as a teen. I use the songwriting methods and guitar techniques Nathan introduced me to to this day! He is a great guitarist and teacher and I learned a lot from him. Would highly recommend!
· Guitar · In studio What do you wanna learn? You wanna play some metal? This man will teach you. Wanna learn some rock? This man will teach you. Neo Classical? Fingerstyle? Bluegrass? Fluent in any style you could think of, Nathan can teach you everything you could want to know about the guitar! Took lessons from him for years and very much enjoyed it. Would recommend for anyone from beginners all the way to advanced musicians looking to build on their skills.
· Guitar · In studio I took lessons with Nate for 5+ years at the music shop by my house. He's the best in the game! I first picked up a guitar at 13, and Nate taught me everything that I know. He's really awesome at making lessons fun and I always looked forward to them. He never talked down to me, even though he is much more knowledgeable, and often I felt like I was just hanging out with a friend.
I remember always admiring his talent being inspired by his skill.
You won't find a better teacher than him!