- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi! My name is Nathan Dugi-Turner, and I've been teaching private piano lessons in the L.A. area for the past 13 years.
I was a classical piano performance major at USC, and in addition to my teaching, I've done work as an accompanist, licensed hip-hop beats, played in rock bands, and written production music for various media.
I teach all styles, and love keeping it eclectic! My students are trained in both classical technique/note-reading, as well as the ability to play by ear and improvise.
I believe that anyone can learn to be a great musician, no matter what age, background, or experience level. I’ve taught as young as 3, and as old as 70, and the diversity of people I get to work with is one of the many things that makes me love what I do!
I firmly believe the Ralph Waldo Emerson quote that "The secret in teaching lies in respecting the student", and I make it my mission to customize my approach to every client that I work with.
Look forward to hearing from you!
· Music Theory · In home "We highly recommend Nate. He is our neighborhood piano teacher for a reason. He is very patient, generous with his praise and gentle with his critiques . He is extremely knowledgeable in all music genres and student learning styles. Great choice for any age and skill level ."
· Piano · In home I have never met a teacher on any subject who works so well with a variety of students. Nate taught my son first and my daughter next. He was able to taylor the teaching methods to both very different students. My son is more academic and my daughter more play oriented so he taught them in they style that worked for them.
He is kind, compassionate, patient and talented.
· Piano · In home "Nate currently teaches all three of our children, ages 9, 11 and 13. He has been working with our family for 7 years. They have worked on classical pieces as well as their own personal compositions at times. Nate instructs, inspires, and brings a joy to the craft. We highly recommend!"
· Piano · In home Nate is a wonderful instructor. My son has being taking lessons from him for about 3 years now. I enjoy listening in on their sessions. Nate has a very cool personality and a patient/encouraging attitude. Which is exactly what my son needs to keep him on track and to let him have some fun while learning.