- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
A dynamic, innovative, motivational, inspired, self-assured, leader, with an ability to think abstractly in solving complex problems and engineer creative solutions within new mediums, effective and clear communicator, team builder, lifelong musician and composer, writer, researcher, developer, and professional educator embracing new curriculums and ideas to implement emerging science and technology for the next generation.
There can be nothing more important than to educate a populace, for without reasoned education, all else will fail. It is then imperative that all educators be held to the highest standards of fundamental knowledge, rational thought, logic, and possess the ability to functionally communicate without prejudice any concept to age appropriate levels regardless of cultural differences, gender, or physical and cognitive abilities. All children are capable of learning and it is crucial that core principles are successfully learned and understood in order to have a robust society in which individuals can reach their highest potential.
1998-2017: Founder Virtuoso Music - Asheville, NC, Atlanta, GA, and San Diego, CA
• Conducted ongoing research within the fields of acoustics, music theory, color theory, perception, physiology, pedagogy, and spoken language.
• Co-Author of multiple comprehensive books as a result of ongoing research.
• Created and composed the Virtuoso Music Education System
• Created and implemented curriculum in elementary to advanced piano, music theory, music history, composition, the physics of sound, audio mixing, recording software, audio technology and MIDI synthesis.
• Taught group and private lessons for students ranging from preschool age to senior citizens including students with autism, dyslexia, ADHD, and dyscalculia.
• Guest Lecturer; Georgia Audio Society, Asheville Piano Forum, and multiple elementary schools throughout the Southeast.
• Owner of the Virtuoso music store in Asheville, North Carolina.
• Granted a US Patent in 2005 on technology correlating color and sound.
• 1995-1996: Western Carolina University. Specializing in MIDI synthesis.
• 1996-1998: University of North Carolina at Asheville. B.A. in Music and Audio Engineering.