- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Students in Level 1 Flamenco Dance will be capable of performing the following:
-Simple turn on the axis.
-Basic notions of footwork ”zapateado" (sole, midfoot sole, heel).
-Basic notions of arm movements ("braceo").
-Hand movements in the 1st position.
-Body coordination with weight change
• Level 2 Flamenco Dance focus:
1. Correct articulation and clear performance of foot exercises, simple and double exercises, as well as their correct use within the Flamenco rhythm ("compás").
2. ”Braceo with escobilla": Arm movement coordination with "escobilla" (specific footwork with guitar accompaniment).
3. Coordination of "marcajes" (mastery of basic dance positions).
4. Turns: "debouleés", on the heel, with the chest and simple pirouettes.
5. Awareness of the Flamenco rhythmic structures ("Compás") of different Flamenco styles ("palos"), at least in theory.
• Level 3 Flamenco Dance focus:
- Correct articulation and clear performance of foot exercises, simple and double exercises with a speed of 170 BPM (beats per minute) using a metronome, as well as their correct use within the Flamenco rhythm ("compás").
- Body coordination and "braceo con escobilla": Arm movement coordination with "escobilla" (specific footwork with guitar accompaniment).
- Turns at average speed: "debouleés", with the heel, with the chest, "quebradas" turns, double pirouettes and hips.
- Basic notions of the use of accessories: use of castanets, fan, shawl and long-tailed dress.
- Practical knowledge, with guitar and singing, of the most important "palos" (Flamenco styles) : "soleá", "alegrías", "bulerías" and "tangos".
ALL GENDERS AND ALL LEVELS ARE WELCOME!!!
YOU WILL LEARN AND HAVE LOT'S OF FUN!!!
SEE YOU SOON :)
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5 to 75 and special needs
- Teaching since:
• Freelance Dancer/Artist with more than 5 years of experience.
• Born and raised in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Have lived and trained in Spain for many years, now living in New York.
• Spanish is my first language, but I also speak English, Portuguese and French.
• My classes are FUN and if you want to work with a real teacher who can DESIGN a CLASS just FOR YOU, I am the teacher you are looking for!
Example: I can teach you only tap ("zapateo") lessons, or specific rhythm lessons if that's what you're interested in ...or I can help you to gain movement expressions and balance when doing your turns, etc... Anything that you want to focus I will be more than happy to help!!
We use Spanish Flamenco music in class, and also different types of music to understand rhythm theory and to connect more with the Spanish culture and as well with the student culture.
In some specific cases we may have live guitar and "cante" on class.
Class always begins with a warm up and then the lesson.
***Open to group and Individual classes. Depending on request.***
Teaching Flamenco Dance is a true passion and joy.
*** Whatever your goals are with Flamenco Dance, I can help you get there!
Get in touch any time to tell me about your goals.
All gender and all levels are more than welcome. ***
¡Nos vemos pronto!
(See you soon!)