- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a motivated Guitarist with extensive knowledge in music education and performance. I have a Bachelors of Arts Degree from Cal State LA where I emphasized in Classical Guitar performance. 10+ years of guitar experience playing both classical and contemporary styles. I regularly perform on Electric, Acoustic and Classical guitars. I am educated in the classical repertoire and modern music as well. My favorites are Indie Rock, Folk, Worship, Rock, Pop and country. I also can teach Music theory and music history to those students who are interested.
*** Lesson Details ***
My number one goal is to make sure music is FUN! I believe in making the learning experience enjoyable. I am a laid back person but I am also extremely organized and always well prepared. After studying with me for 6 months you will be able to write your own songs, play popular chord progressions and lead lines. If you study classical guitar with me you will be able to site read at a intermediate level and perform at least 5 pieces. Anything can be achieved if you put your mind to it and work hard and practice. Its my passion to get you where you want to be as a musician!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Provide: tab paper, blank sheet music, guitar picks for new students, guitar stand, music stand, a great environment to learn.
You need to bring: a guitar, books
*** Travel Equipment ***
provide: tab paper, blank sheet music, guitar pics for new students.
You need to have: a guitar, foot stool for classical guitarists, tuner
*** Specialties ***
Classical Guitar, Folk, fingerpicking, Worship Music, Electric guitar, Acoustic guitar, Rock, Pop, Indie, Punk, Country, Music Theory, Music History
Music Teacher for elementary though high school students. Teaching classes like: choir, ukulele, guitar ensemble, piano lab, songwriting, elementary rhythm band and records.
Music teacher for preschool through 5th grade. Teaching classes like: choir, elementary music class, records, music history. Also putting on full length musicals and concerts.
· Ukulele · In studio My 10-year old daughter and 6-year old son took a few ukulele lessons with Nanette. Per my kids, they did not feel like she was engaging with them. They had hoped that she would make the lessons a fun experience and it was not for them. She would probably be a better fit with older kids and adults. We have decided to seek future ukulele lessons with a new teacher.
· Ukulele · In studio My son absolutely loved his first lesson. Thank you so much.
· Ukulele · In studio Nanette is an excellent teacher for young people and for seniors. She is very knowledgeable about the instruments she teaches. She is patient and encouraging. If you are thinking of taking lessons, I would highly recommend Nanette.
· Guitar · In home It was her first lesson, but my daughter said it was great!!
· Guitar · In studio Nanette developed a great rapport with my 9-year old daughter immediately and had her playing a song she knew by the end of her first lesson ever.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Nanette is an encouraging and patient instructor. My son is enjoying his lessons very much and learning a lot. I would difinitely recommend Nanette!
· Guitar · In studio After one 30 minute lesson, my 6 year old daughter came home and taught me all the names of the strings and about the names of the different parts of the guitar. She is excited and learned a lot. I couldn't be more happy for her. Great lesson and experience! !
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Nanette is an experienced and competent acoustic guitar teacher. She is organized and prepared for each lesson. She desires to understand her students aspirations in order to customize lessons that would help them achieve their goals. She demonstrates a high level of communication skills, the ability to articulate concepts in a clear and concise manner. She is uplifting when discouraged and patient in instruction. I appreciate how her homework is thoughtfully assigned and carefully paced according to the students schedule or needs. I highly recommend her as a teacher if you desire to learn to play the guitar.
· Ukulele · In studio Nanette is a great instructor. She is very patient and makes the lessons interesting and varied. Inhave made a lot of progress since taking lessons with her.
· Guitar · In studio It was my first time ever having a guitar instructor and I wasn't too sure how it worked, or what to expect from it. Once I met Nanette I instantly got comfortable. She is insanely talented, and an amazing teacher. Also, Nanette is a really chill person to be around and learn from. When your in a session with her you totally feel like your just jamming and having fun. I look forward to seeing her every week! She has taught me so much in such little time. You wont regret having her as your instructor.