- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My current teaching includes music performance (piano and flute), Italian language and Alexander Technique. I have spent many years honing my skills in all of these subjects and I delight in sharing my knowledge with you and helping you to improve and reach your goals. My teaching style is patient, friendly, helpful and individualized to your needs, interests, goals and learning style.
***PLEASE NOTE: Due to my travel schedule, I can only offer once monthly in-person lessons. Online lessons are available on a weekly basis. In-person lessons once a month are ideal for those with busy schedules. Feel free to use the ask-a-question feature to learn more about which lesson type and frequency may be right for you!
Also, my availability throughout the week is always shifting. If you don't see the time/day you're looking for, I can probably accomodate it. Please send me a message and/or sign up for lessons and we can work out a time.
For more information about my experience and teaching in each subject, please click on the subject you are interested in to read more.
I also enjoy writing blog articles for TakeLessons as another way of sharing information. I have written articles in all of the subjects I teach. Here is a list, by category.
http://takelessons.com/blog/test-your-piano-skills - 5 Easy Ways to Test Your Piano Skills
http://takelessons.com/blog/piano-practice-tips-having-fun - 4 Easy Ways to Make Piano Practice Fun and Productive
http://takelessons.com/blog/ABRSM-piano-exam-tips - 4 Valuable Tips for Succeeding at the ABRSM Piano Exam
http://takelessons.com/blog/mastering-leaps-on-piano - Piano Tips: How to Master Large Leaps on
http://takelessons.com/blog/loud-piano-dynamics-z06 - 3 Tips for Playing Loudly (and Beautifully) at the Piano
http://takelessons.com/blog/new-ways-to-practice-scales-z06 - 4 Ways to Make Practicing Piano Scales FUN! [Infographic]
http://takelessons.com/blog/read-piano-music-faster-z06 - How to Read Piano Music Faster: Intro to the Keys
http://takelessons.com/blog/learning-piano-bad-habits-z06 - 5 Bad Habits Holding You Back as You Learn Piano
http://takelessons.com/blog/how-to-read-piano-sheet-music-z06 - How to Read Piano Sheet Music for Piano: A Visual Tour
http://takelessons.com/blog/learn-to-play-the-flute - Learn to Play the Flute: Your Top Challenges, Resolved!
http://takelessons.com/blog/italian-grammar-vocabulary-games-z09 - 10+ Fun Italian Grammar and Vocabulary Games for Kids
http://takelessons.com/blog/useful-italian-phrases-dating-z09 - Useful Italian Phrases and Tips for Dating
http://takelessons.com/blog/italian-grammar-nouns-z09 - Italian Grammar Rules: How to form Singular and Plural Nouns
http://takelessons.com/blog/useful-italian-phrases-family-z09 - La Famiglia: Useful Italian Words and Phrases for Family
http://takelessons.com/blog/italian-grammar-z09 - 10 Most Common Italian Grammar Mistakes
http://takelessons.com/blog/italian-grammar-exercises-z09 - 4 Quick and Easy Italian Grammar Exercises
http://takelessons.com/blog/italian-vocabulary-z09 - Essential Italian Vocabulary Words for Beginners
http://takelessons.com/blog/italian-vocabulary-games-z09 - 4 Fun Italian Vocabulary Games for Kids
http://takelessons.com/blog/italian-grammar-gender-and-number-z09 - Italian Grammar: Introduction to Gender and Number
http://takelessons.com/blog/useful-italian-phrases-for-eating-z09 - Useful Italian Phrases and Etiquette Tips for Going Out to Eat
http://takelessons.com/blog/italian-stereotypes-z09 - 10 Common Italian Stereotypes That Are Actually True
http://takelessons.com/blog/italian-conversation-z09 - How to Survive Your First Italian Conversation
http://takelessons.com/blog/italian-games-z09 - 5 Fun Italian Games for Learning Numbers
http://takelessons.com/blog/italian-words-and-phrases-summer-z09 - Italian Words and Phrases for the Summer [Slideshow]
http://takelessons.com/blog/useful-italian-phrases-shopping-z09 - Useful Italian Phrases and Tips for Shopping in Italy
http://takelessons.com/blog/useful-italian-phrases-business-z09 - Getting Down to Business: Useful Italian Phrases and Etiquette Tips for Doing Business in Italy
http://takelessons.com/blog/fitness-tips - 3 Surprising Keys to Exercising Efficiently
http://takelessons.com/blog/how-to-fix-your-posture - Why Standing Up Straight Won’t Fix Your Posture
http://takelessons.com/blog/learn-how-to-sing-better-z02 - 3 Exercises to Free Your Singing Voice
http://takelessons.com/blog/how-to-sing-without-tension-z02 - How Tension Affects Your Voice (And What to Do About It!)
http://takelessons.com/blog/stage-presence-for-singers-z02 - 3 Often-Overlooked Parts of a Successful Vocal Performance
http://takelessons.com/blog/singing-high-notes-z02 - Singing Tips: 3 Physical Keys for Hitting High Notes
As a workshop facilitator, I teach Physical Communication, Musical Communication and Individual Communication workshops with the goal of increased skillful communication and awareness of communication issues for the undergraduate engineering students.
My workshops draw on my understanding and experience in the performing arts and with the Alexander Technique.
As a faculty member, I teach trainees the philosophy, practical training and literature of the Alexander Technique to prepare them for a career teaching the Technique.
My duties include leading lectures, working with students one-on-one and in small groups, and supervising independent study.
As a private instructor, I teach individuals in the following subject areas: Alexander Technique, Flute, Piano and Italian Language.
I enjoy working with a variety of individuals and have done so for many years. I continue to hone my teaching skills and my own skills in each discipline to bring you the most effective, enjoyable teaching to reach your goals!
Certification to teach the Alexander Technique. Requirements include three years and 1600 hours of training, in addition to continued education to maintain certification.
The American Society for the Alexander Technique (AmSAT) is the largest professional association of certified Alexander Technique teachers in the United States.The requirements for AmSAT teacher certification are specified in AmSAT's Bylaws and include the completion of 1,600 hours of training over a minimum of three years at an AmSAT-approved Teacher Training Course. AmSAT Teacher Training Courses maintain a five-to-one student/teacher ratio.
· Alexander Technique · Online Nadia is a fine instructor. Take it from me who's been coached in many sports - tennis, skiing , riding, swimming. AM is a sport, too, in that the student has to do most of the work. Nadia tells us what to do to improve, but it's up to us to practice.
· Flute · Online In just one lesson, my daughter learned so much and gained the confidence to work through a difficult piece of music!
· Piano · In studio First lesson in, and I already feel like the goals for myself are more than attainable under the tutelage of Nadia. I learned so much in my first thirty minutes. I can't wait to go back.
· Flute · Online Today I had my first flute lesson with Nadia after not having played for over 30 years! It was truly the best experience that I could hope for. Nadia is knowledgeable, patient, kind and very encouraging. I can't wait for my next lesson!
· Piano · In home My 6 year old's first music lesson ever, WITHOUT a piano, was a huge hit! Nadia filled the time going through a piano book and walking through the keyboard as well as how to read the notes, and hand placement. Nadia is kind, patient, and engaging. We are thrilled we found her and looking forward to our next lesson!
· Piano · In studio Nadia is terrific. I really like her and find her to be enthusiastic, knowledgeable and encouraging. I highly recommend her.
· Piano · In home Nadia is very nice and patient, and adapted the lesson to whatever I wanted to learn.
· Italian · In home I am learning to speak Italian very fast due to Nadaia's wonderful method and style of teaching
· Piano · In studio A great teacher, extremely knowledgeable with the ability to help students grasp new concepts.
· Flute · In home Excellent teacher!