- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a professional singer and have been teaching voice and performance for 29 years. I specialize in voice strengthening and teach all styles of music, encompassing Rock, R&B, Country, Jazz all they way to Broadway Belt
I studied with the world renown American Idol coach, Peisha McPhee and, Elizabeth Sabine, recipient of the coveted Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2003 Los Angeles Music Awards. Through the guidance of these two amazing teachers, and being a professional singer myself, I have come up with a technique that not only strengthens the voice but allows singers to sing for hours without strain.
I have taught at prestigious institutions such as the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in Hollywood, where famous graduates such as Angelina Jolie, Rosario Dawson, Matt Dillon, Lady GaGa, Alec Baldwin, Uma Thurman and many many more beautiful actors and singers got their start!
I have performed over the years in Cabaret at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, performed with jazz quintets, and rock and country bands, one being the Desert Breeze Band for over 10 years. (That was a fun gig!!)
I believe that teaching is such an honor to help people at all levels to sing in a safe and nurturing environment! I understand what it is like to just be a beginner and want to sing so bad it hurts or to be the professional who is stuck and doubting that they'll ever be able to sing that high note or not lose their voice in the middle of a performance. I strongly believe that just like a flower, it needs to be carefully nurtured and watered so that the petals can open and show their true inner beauty. And that is the same for singers, bringing out their true beauty and inner potential so they can go out into the world, be happy and share their voice with confidence and joy, be it on stage or in the shower!!
So whether you are a beginner, professional, dreaming of starting your own band or a career in music, or being a karaoke star or a star in your own shower or anywhere in between, (I think that about covers it!) you are all welcome to begin your journey with me and go for those goals and dreams and make them real!
Teaching one on one private voice lessons in studio and now online.
Teaching harmony and ear training, improvisation,performance technique (mic technique, patter etc.), helping students work up and design their performances and shows.
One on one private voice lessons
Taught adult students in their singing program
Worked with children in their children's program and prepared them for their musical theatre performances.
Taught "Voice Strengthening for Speakers and Singers"
Taught 8 week course, "Karaoke Fun" with a performance at the end of the 8 weeks with invited guests and potluck. Quite a fun class and celebration of their accomplishments!
Taught 8 week course "Karaoke Fun"
· Country Singing · Online Our singer left just as we gained interest from two "Music Row" management firms here is Nashville. When my bandmates insisted that I be the frontman, I began to worry about whether I could draw the attention that we need to increase our fanbase. Then a friend of mine who is signed to a major label told me that about a great vocal teacher whom she worked with a while back when she was playing clubs in California, and that the same teacher now gives online lessons via TakeLessons.com, and how much she can help me achieve my professional goals. I've been working with Morgan for almost two months and, as a result, my band just signed with an acclaimed manager. Now I am ready to take the reigns as the new lead signer of our band, I am ready to take our music to the road.Thanks Morgan!
· Singing · In studio Morgan taught me how to extend my vocal range and keep my sound consistent in order to get well paying studio gigs. Now I am making a living as a hired singer. Thanks Morgan.
· Singing · Online Morgan is an incredibly fun and nurturing voice/vocal coach. Every lesson involves some laughter and she is always incredibly supportive. I've sung for my own enjoyment for years and dabbled with vocal performing and now that I've chosen to take my vocal abilities more seriously, I'm SO pleased I've found Morgan. I'm still rather self-conscious about my abilities and Morgan is so very good at pointing out where I've improved and helping me find the exercises I need to work on the areas I still struggle in.
Whether you're just starting out or you're looking to level up in your existing vocal abilities, Morgan is amazing and will see to it that you get yourself to the next level for you - with a lot of laughter mixed in. I guarantee you'll have a lot of fun!
· Singing · Online I am so happy to have found Morgan. I forgot how to sing with that rasp in rock and roll (like Pat Benatar, and Ann Wilson on the high notes. I didn’t want to strain my voice. And I needed help in getting rid of my vibrato – as it can be a bad habit.), and so I went through her, and I’m telling you, she’s one of the best teachers to explain how to sing (I couldn’t even believe this could be possible over SKYPE!). She focuses on you, your goals, gives these amazing exercises, great examples, you feel her love and passion for the art. I mean, you truly meet your goals (with no strain!)! Not only did she assist me in Rock, but I kept going through her to learn how to read music, sing R&B, and opera. I’m telling you I’ll never stop using her. She’s just the best remedy!
· Singing · Online Being a lead singer in a band that tours, I needed to be able to sing night after night and sometimes would get very hoarse. Studying with Morgan helped me to sing strong every night with more power and without strain. I am so happy that I found Morgan and would recommend her to anyone! She really understands how the voice works and has made such a difference in my singing and performance!
· Singing · Online I found Morgan when I was just beginning my journey into singing and acting and I knew that she was the perfect teacher to help me take my natural abilities and experience to a higher level, teaching me entertaining principles that I still use in my craft today. Things like microphone technique (I was cautious when it came to using one!), live performing techniques and patter for cabaret performance. These same tips and techniques would take me into performance in musical theatre, cabaret and other types of live performance and are skills which I still use today.
Morgan is positive and encouraging, lighting the fire of inspiration in me and helping me to blossom and grow quickly. She is the "real deal" and knows what it truly takes to be a singer in this wonderful world we call entertainment!
I never dreamed that my instruction with Morgan would lead to anything more than being able to sing well for my own enjoyment...and now, I actually do this for a living!
Don't wait to begin your journey toward your artistic dream! Whether for your own enjoyment or for your profession, Morgan can help you achieve your heart's desires!