- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
As certified teacher in three states and over 30 years of music experience, I am comfortable with students of all ages in developing their musicianship and love of musical expression. Playing semi-professionally since the age of 16, my performance background includes symphony orchestra, mariachi, acoustic rock, chorus (alto), and various small ensembles. In college, I studied piano and currently play keyboard with a classic rock group.
My overarching goal is to share the benefit of a lifetime of experience with my students so that they will find their own 'voice' in the wide world of music.
*** Lesson Details ***
My approach to teaching is to customize lessons to meet the needs of individual learners and to make learning fun: It is always okay to make mistakes as long as you are willing to do the work to overcome them. I will be there every step of the way to help you meet your musical goals.
The curriculum used will depend on your current level of playing and the particular style of music you are interested in. From that point, I can provide you with basic theory, techniques, and self-selected pieces to guide you towards your personal goal.
It is my hope that our lessons will develop into a lifelong teacher/student relationship: There is nothing that brings me such joy as seeing my students move forward and develop their own independence as a musician.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I have my own violin; students must have their own instrument. Violin students that have a piano in their home is preferred but not required.
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in working with beginning students to develop basic techniques and notation skills.
Listen to and evaluate elementary student auditions: audition include one scale and etude which are scored for intonation, tempo, rhythm, and tone.
This year, I shared suggestions with CUSD's director of music instruction which will lead to changes in the scoring method for district auditions - this could impact not only the orchestral judging process, but adjudication in band and choral departments as well. The methodology behind this new approach is to provide music directors with more specific feedback on how to further assist individual students and aid classroom instruction.
NAGC staff and leaders support and develop policies and practices that encourage and respond to the diverse expressions of gifts and talents in children and youth from all cultures, racial and ethnic backgrounds, and socioeconomic groups. NAGC supports and engages in research and development, staff development, advocacy, communication, and collaboration with other organizations and agencies who strive to improve the quality of education for all students.
· Violin · In studio Monica was very friendly and encouraging to my 5 year old daughter during our violin lessons. Her instruction style was adjusted to my daughter and was easily adapted for days when my daughter was tired. She was always easy to talk to and flexible when I needed to reschedule an appointment. We thoroughly enjoyed our time spent with Monica and plan to return for piano lessons. I will continue to recommend her to all ages as she is wonderful.
· Violin · In studio Very open and friendly. Great introduction into playing violin.
· Violin · In studio Monica created a very comforting and encouraging environment right from the moment I walked in the door. She has a very flexible teaching style which made it very easy to pick up and continue my lessons with the resources and tools I had already acquired.
· Violin · In studio Loved my first lesson! I'm 53 and have been wanting to learn to play the violin for many years. She was extremely informative and fun! I can't wait for my next lesson.
I'm so glad I found her.
· Piano · Mrs. Monica
Mrs. Monica is a very happy and gifted teacher. She always greats her students with a smile and gives achievable goals to keep her students motivated to keep learning.