- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Miles was born in Bogota, Colombia, but raised in Annapolis, MD. Early in life, he began to take classical piano lessons, but after 9 years, guitar became his instrument of choice (though he still has a fond appreciation for the piano).
He then went on to graduate from Berklee College of Music with a Bachelor's Degree in Professional Music. His time at Berklee has enabled Miles to play in venues all around the Boston/Cambridge area. He has been teaching around NOVA/DC for 3 years.
Miles does his best to make lessons incorporate the music you enjoy listening to in conjunction with the necessary theory and technique to do so.
Fun Fact: Two of his guitars are custom built by himself. He often provides students assistance in maintenance of their instrument.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, because rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul." - Plato
Guitar and Piano private lessons.
Guitar, Piano and Bass private lessons.
Guitar, Piano, and Bass private lessons, and band instruction.
· Guitar · In home Patient and well tempered with kids!
· Piano · In home Our regular piano teacher was on maternity leave. Miles has covered as a substituted teacher for over 3 months. He was very nice, calm and knowledgeable. We do recommend him. He is a great teacher!
· Guitar · In home Miles was an amazing teacher for me and my son. We both took Piano and Guitar lessons with Miles for close to 2 years and enjoyed every lesson. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to music, can help you focus on the music you want to play and he is just as good with adults as he is with kids! I would highly recommend taking lessons with him and I think he is an amazing teacher
· Guitar · In home I'm a beginning guitar student and have just started taking guitar lessons from Miles. He's very knowledgable, patient, and kind. I haven't quite made "friends" with those strings yet, but with Miles' help, I know I will.
· Guitar · In home I've been taking guitar lessons from Miles for almost two years. He is very patient, flexible, and supportive and really knows his stuff. :) I highly recommend him.
· Piano · Miles is fantastic!
Miles is great at working with my 11 year old on both what she wants to learn and what she needs to learn; he ensures the right balance of theory and contemporary music to keep her interested. We move a lot and have had other piano teachers over the last several years, but Miles is top notch. His calm demeanor and endless patience is much appreciated in this house! Hope he continues to teach my daughter for years to come.
· Piano · Wonderful with my young child
Great teacher! Very patient and so great with my 6 year old. My son loves Miles and Miles is very patient and adjusts his techniques for the lessons. Highly recommend him for your young child's first music teacher!