- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I teach all styles of music and all levels of ability
As I look back at my life, I see that music was my constant companion. My passion for music, and more specifically for the guitar, goes back to the time when, as a ten year old I received a guitar for my birthday. The sound of the instrument truly struck a chord in my heart and I learned to respect and love the instrument to the point that I thought of it almost as a companion, as something alive or, more exactly, as something my fingers could make come alive. At first I wanted to play rock and popular music, but eventually I switched to classical. When I entered the realm of classical music, a whole new world opened up for me -- new feelings, new emotions, and new challenges.
My enthusiasm for music continued, and beginning in 1990 I attended the Hartt School of Music, part of the University of Hartford. I knew, of course, that the education of a musician is truly never finished, and between 1995 and 1997, I took Master Jazz Classes in New York City, under the direction of Dennis Cinelli, the international guitar player and soloist.
While in Florida, I attended classes at Florida International University. Between 2000 and 2003 I played in an orchestra on board the ships of the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line.
All along the way I have been teaching the guitar at just about every level, an activity that I always enjoyed but admittedly is somewhat limiting. Teaching brings us back to the basics, but for a musician performing is what makes us grow professionally and satisfy us emotionally.
I've been teaching guitar for over 22 years I'm great with all ages
· Acoustic Guitar · Online
· Guitar · In home Amazing guitar teacher. Mike is so patient and easy to work with. I feel so confident playing guitar now because of my lessons. I feel very comfortable recommending him.
· Guitar · In home I really like Mike.
First off - he is SUPER punctual. The one time he was running late I even got a timely text message warning.
Second - he is very good at diagnosing issues and providing the right exercise/coaching.
Third - he is very flexible. I feel him supporting my music choices... not imposing his still or preferences.
And finally - he seems to me (I'm not good enough to judge) VERY skilled as a player... able to deconstruct songs, able to transpose quickly, able to find alternative strumming patterns.
I really feel very good about recommending him.
· Guitar · Online Mike is a great musician and knows how to translate that to his students. He cares about his students and goes the extra distance. He is patient but knows how to get the most out of his student's ability. I have been taking lessons with Mike for 2 years now and never expected to be as advanced as he has helped me to be. He is a wonderful teacher!!