Michael teaches: Ages 8 and up
Teaching since: May 1997
Last sign in: 4 days ago
When you take lessons from me you will become a musician, from understanding your instrument to being able to talk with others about the music you are playing or listening to. Guitar, Piano & Voice lessons are offered.
· Piano · In home Michael is a wonderful teacher who is very open to whatever you want to work on. My daughter thinks he is "funny and nice" so clearly she is having a fun time while she is learning. He is relaxed and patient with her energy and very supportive of her learning all aspects of music. She looks forward to her lessons every week and has learned more than I could imagine. I would highly recommend him.
· Guitar · In studio Michael was very good in giving me a great start in learning about music notation and guitar. I would definitely recommend him to others and I will be back to learn more in the future from him.
· Guitar · Online 1st lesson was great! Michael listened to what I had to say and presented a lesson that held my interest. W actually got to play a song which was fun.
· Guitar · In home Excellent teacher.
· Guitar · Online Michael has taught me things that I had no idea about . He is very accommodating if I have ideas or questions . All has been a positive exsperience
· Singing · Excellent in both instruments and voice
I took voice lessons from Michael C. and he was very easy to work with. He always provided excellent feedback and knew my strengths and weaknesses and where to focus. He provided each week a lesson with detailed tasks and wanted to keep me on track. He didn't waste any time and was prompt and professional in all dealings. I highly recommend him.
· Guitar · This Berklee grad knows his stuff!
I had already been playing guitar for about 10 years or so by the time I started taking lessons with Michael (so definitely not a beginner), and although my playing techniques were already pretty decent, I knew my knowledge of music theory paled in comparison and needed some work. Michael was able to easily assess where I was at and start me on a path of further music enlightenment. Before the end of my first lesson, it became clear just how much I had to learn and that Michael's musical prowess went beyond what he was teaching me.
Rather than just giving me pre-made handouts, Michael would have blank manuscript paper with which he would walk me through the theory as he was writing it out. This was extremely helpful in understanding the lesson. Michael can be flexible with his lesson plans, so if there's something specific you want to get into, he will teach if he feels you're ready.
Michaelâs extensive knowledge of music theory was a big help in developing me more as a songwriter and composer. Even if youâre already an advanced player, I would definitely recommend this teacher if you are looking to broaden your musical literacy.