- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have many years experience as a working musician, combining: Private drum instruction, freelance studio work, and collaboration with musicians and bandmates in both a live and studio setting.
I have been a member of solid Metropolitan Detroit bands, most notably including: Friends of the Family, Night Train, and The Mobius Loop. I have been blessed with many great opportunities, most notably supporting national acts, such as: The Headhunters, Melvin Seals, Mofro and Strange Folk. And, I have recorded at excellent Metropolitan Detroit studios, including: Studio N Armada, Riff Lab Studios, Woodshed Studios and The Disc. Most recently, I participated in two separate studio/recording projects,with producer/multi-instrumentalist Joshua Michael Ackermann, and with producer/sound engineer Dan Lesnick. Along with teaching drum lessons, I love to supplement my income with this type of studio work. I am also presently collaborating on original material, with a newly formed rock band, yet to be named. I am very excited about this and hope to get in the studio and to be gigging, in the near future!
I am looking to add dedicated students to my current roster. I took private instruction, studying under two EXCELLENT drummers from the Detroit Metro area: Darryl Pierce and Donny Gruendler. Mr. Pierce (among many other accomplishments) currently tours internationally and nationally with a well known artist by the name of Bettye LaVette. This group has made frequent television appearances, including: David Letterman and Austin City Limits. Mr. Gruendler, is currently the Vice President of Musicians Institute in Los Angeles, and he has been featured in several Modern Drummer publications.
I have learned a great deal through private instruction, and therefore teach from experience. I utilize and apply many of the techniques that I personally found useful; through my own private instruction. References from teachers, students, producers, and bandmates can be provided on request.
• Managed and co-managed several metropolitan Detroit bands.
• Worked as a percussionist in several metropolitan Detroit bands.
• Scheduled rehearsals, band meetings, and press related photo shoots.
• Organized, monitored, revised, and created band media and promotions.
• Opened for notable national acts including: The Headhunters, Melvin Seals, Mofro and Strange Folk.
• Presently teaching drum lessons, references can be provided on request.
· Drum · In studio Had a really good beginner experience, as I began to learn the drums with Micheal. Micheal made sure the classes were exciting and would lay an emphasis and rhythm. I would definitely recommend Micheal to any beginner out there!
· Drum · In studio Mike is a great drummer! He helped me with basic rhythm and techniques to build my skills. One unique benefit is Mike offers students to practice at his studio (for a fee) before/after the lesson. This was super helpful to me since I don't have an acoustic drum set and practicing right afterwards kept the material fresh on my mind. He also explains music concepts very clearly, and answers my questions in depth! I would recommend him to all ages for drum lessons!
· Drum · In home My sister and I have been taking lessons from michael for awhile now, he is very friendly, patient, and will work at your pace. I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever
· Drum · In studio I've been taking drum lessons with Mike for almost a year now. I can say with confidence that I've been progressing from lesson to lesson under his instruction and guidance.
If I were to describe Mike as a teacher so far, he would be the Yoda of drums; he's positive, gentle, and fun. But at the same time, he's firm and pushes you to be the best drummer you can be. Mike also calibrates his lesson based on your current drum level; he never teaches something that is too easy nor does he teach something that is too difficult. Instead, he has guided me through challenging but achievable exercises. Progression has been improving one baby-step at a time. This wouldn't have been possible without Mike's attention to detail, patience, encouragement, and continuous feedback.
With that being said, these small baby-steps over the past year have led to tremendous improvement in my skills in 2016. Looking forward to getting even better in 2017. I would highly recommend Mike for private lessons if you wish to be a JEDI DRUM MASTER!
· Drum · In home Mike has been a great instructor for my son. He has been extremely professional and easy to work with. My son is quiet and not very outgoing, however he has come out of his shell with Mike. Mike utilizes the lesson time to its fullest. Overall, we have been very pleased.
· Drum · In studio Michael is probably the best teacher I have had in years. He's very considerate, knowledgeable, and just an all around nice guy. If you are looking for a really good teacher choose him as your first choice.
· Drum · In home Michael has been a great teacher so far. He clearly enjoys playing the drums and it shows. His focus is also on the basics and the rudiments as he wants his students to develop good habits. I am very new to the drums but have learned quite a bit in the past couple months. Very easy going guy with a lot of patience that just wants to share one of his hobbies. I will definitely will continue taking lessons.
· Drum · In studio Michael has a very good understanding of the drumming world. He was very careful to work around my already-existing abilities to improve on what I could do, not make me do everything his way. If you are looking for a cool easygoing guy to teach you, give Michael a call.
· Drum · In studio One of the best instructors ive ever had! I highly recommend Michael T. If youre looking to take lessons.
· Drum · In studio I have worked with Mike on music projects for about a year. He knows how to play a wide variety of styles and applies them creatively to each individual song, and his sense of dynamics comes natural to him. He also is very good at explaining the technical aspect of drumming to those like myself who are not well versed in drums.