- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Michael is a freelance musician based in the Portland metropolitan area. His diverse skill set allows him to perform in a variety of musical groups. Michael is hired regularly to perform for: jazz and cover bands, weddings, corporate events, musicals, and studio sessions. He also leads and writes music for his own band that performs regularly in the Portland metropolitan area. He attended Mount Hood Community College and Portland State University. Michael graduated with a B.S. in Biology and Jazz Performance.
Many describe Michael as genuine and passionate. He has a youthful, energetic teaching style that works well with most students. Michael’s creativity and patience allow him to help his students grasp tough concepts and improve at a faster rate than they would on their own.
Michael’s practice philosophy is simple. Make practice enjoyable and efficient. He has experienced the common pitfall of practicing scales for many hours only to retain little or nothing. Michael shows his students techniques to focus, and get more done with less wasted time. Lessons are customized to meet the student’s goals and learning style.
Michael ensures that every student will have the skills to be a complete musician that is comfortable in any musical genre or setting. He enjoys working with students of all abilities. Michael relates to the absolute beginner and experienced musician equally.
· Saxophone · In studio Enthusiastic, energetic, and all around fun to learn with! Michael instantly made me feel welcome and excited to get better with his help. I'm looking forward to our next lesson immensely.
· Saxophone · In home This guy is the most enthusiastic, skillful, upbeat musician and teacher. We have had three lessons and already my son wants to turn 30 minute lessons into 45 minutes and I will happily do so. Thanks Michael for nurturing mu son's love of saxophone.
· Saxophone · In home Michael is quite special. He is taking this 57 year old who has never played an instrument nor read music and trying to work a miracle! Three lessons in, I know that this is going to be fun learning with him. I also know that I will be able to play the Saxophone soon. An inspiring teacher!!!
· Flute · In home I am really enjoying my lessons with Michael, because he is patient and kind. He takes his time when explaining new ideas and concepts. I feel encouraged to do my best without any added pressure. He sets a good pace and I feel I am moving forward with technique and tone each lesson!
· Saxophone · In home Michael is an extremely talented musician, and an equally talented instructor. He challenges me every week with new material to practice, but also keeps the lessons light-hearted and fun.
· Saxophone · In home Michael is a great instructor. My son had the first lesson today and he loves it.
· Clarinet · In home My son had a great first lesson with Mike. He gave him some tips and pointers that improved his playing immediately. He also said Mike made his lesson really fun!
· Saxophone · In studio Crazy, awsome guy. Really enjoys what he is doing and gets you excited about learning to play. Flexible and offers multiple ideas to reach a goal.
· Saxophone · In studio My first lesson with Michael was awesome! He's enthusiastic and makes learning fun. Looking forward to many more lessons.
· Saxophone · In studio Works with you to achieve any goals you want to pursue with your instrument.