- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello, My name is Michael and Im excited to meet you! I've been teaching private & Professional lessons since 1997! I love helping students accomplish their goals like, getting into college, hit auditions, and more, but above all I love to inspire the love of Music and Performance Arts!
Throughout my professional career I have toured and played with bands such as Soul Fire, 3 Door Down, and others, and have performed for companies such as 4 County Players in Virginia, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and Carolina Players in NC. I play multiple instruments from woodwinds, brass, to guitar, mandolin, violin and have training in singing and vocal training and more!
I use a number of established teaching methods to instruct my studies as well as my own methods that I have perfected through my 18+ years of teaching. My philosophy is that it is important to stay fluid and adjust to each student's learning style to create successful students at any age from 3 to 100!
My only goal is to help you reach yours!
-==Some of My Studio Equipment=--
Marshall, Crate, & Fender Amps
Williams and Yamaha Digital Pianos
Violins of all sizes
Acoustic and Electric Guitars (Fender, Epiphone, Breedlove, etc..)
Computer and Multimedia Supplemental material
I teach Suzuki Method when appropriate, as well as popular scholastic methods when needed for a school band program however, I mostly teach to the student. Each student gets a unique and personalized experience tailored to their specific goals and needs using a variety of available materials, but above all I strive to teach fun when learning the arts!
Direct all studio operations, teach Piano, Woodwinds, Brass, Guitar, Strings, Singing, Mandolin, Ukulele, Acting and Musical Theatre. Direct and Plan plays and shows as well as licensed musicals. Coordinate with other studios for combined performances and manage students and customer service.
Ran and Directed a performing arts school. Taught Musical Theatre, Woodwinds, Brass, Guitar, Singing, Piano, Strings, Orchestra, Mandolin, Ukulele, and more. Planned performances, shows and concerts for students and guests. Planned and scheduled Dance classes and coordinated combined performances.
Taught private lessons all ages and all level for Woodwinds, Brass, Guitar, Piano, Singing, Mandolin, Ukulele, Strings.
Played and Toured with Soul Fire, Created two CDs and performed throughout the US
Taught Guitar, Piano, Woodwinds, and Brass to students of all ages!
Suzuki Music Instruction Certification
This was a training course for Pre-K through Elementary music instruction.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Cello · In studio I am an adult who has no experience with any type of instrument and was very nervous and intimidated at first. Then I met with Michael, and though there was a ton of information we had to go through, he really made me feel at ease. He has the knowledge, patience, and understanding I was really looking for in a teacher and I'm so happy I found him!
· Violin · In studio With his flexibility and willingness to accommodate us my daughter learned a lot from him. He was a wonderful teacher and a great person to do business with.
· Guitar · In studio Michael is very energetic and passionate about music. My kids have really enjoyed their time with him and we would recommend him to anyone!