Michael studied Classical guitar at the Santa Monica College with Arnold Lessing, and eventually was asked to become his assistant instructor teaching in the guitar program. He also played lead guitar with bands in the Los Angeles, California music scene for many years. He will teach you by focusing on technique, how to practice, song learning, creative conditioning, rhythm & lead techniques, music theory, ear training and music reading.
Michael has instructed Grammy award winning artist, played with several groups nationwide, and has recorded as a studio musician. He has worked on collaborative efforts with several national artists, and brings 30 years of guitar instruction experience.
Michael is a songwriter, and is extremely knowledgeable in composition. If you want to learn your favorite songs, and sound like your favorite guitarist, Michael is your man for guitar lessons! He is a wonderful teacher, who can take you to levels of guitar playing that you thought you’d never get to.
Electric or Acoustic Guitar; instructing in many different styles, he will focus on your short and long-term goals, and basically create your own personal course of guitar instruction through published books, high quality transcriptions for song learning, as well as his own masterclass workshops. A comfortable, relaxed, yet encouraging experience can be expected from him.
Online Skype Guitar Lessons
· Acoustic Guitar · Online Michael hs been a great teacher and resource. He is great with beginner guitar students like myself and has alway been a patient and enthusiastic instructor.
I would highly recommend him to anyone wanting to start playing guitar,whether it be a beginner or someone who is picking it up again
· Guitar · In studio I have been taking guitar lessons from Michael for a few months to a half a year now. He is an exceptional teacher who is dedicated to helping you learn the things you want to, but also willing to go through and tell you what you need to hear in order to progress as a musician.
I have been playing guitar for six years, and Michael has the expertise that is required of a good teacher to be able to help students who have just begun, and students who are much more experienced. A pleasant experience is always to be expected when you take lessons with Michael, and every week I eagerly await my lessons.
· Guitar · In studio I had taken lessons with Michael and he has helped me tremendously! I am working to be a versatile guitarist and original writer. Michael has helped me learn so many different aspects and has helped me keep an open taste in different styles on guitar. I have learned theory, lead guitar techniques, finger picking, how to create and find unique chords in the corresponding key, how to organize my practicing schedules properly, and so much more. I was able to be helped with my song writing and jazz guitar because I was in jazz band and am now preparing for an audition at a music college which focuses heavily on jazz theory and guitar. I would suggest Michael to any guitarist of any level. I have never been disappointed in my lessons and I am constantly progressing.
· Guitar · Online I was almost a total beginner when I started with MIchael. I've been taking lessons from him for a little over 2 years. I'm over 50 years old now, I'm married, and have three school age children, and I don't practice as much as I should. He's helped me to learn songs that I've always wanted to play from my favorite bands. He's an extremely knowledgeable instructor for any music type. Near the beginning of my lessons, when learning Barre chords, I had tried on my own for a week and not done very well. During the next lesson he was able to give direction that had me doing them before I left. He's shown me how helpful tablature can be, and also inspired me to learn to read music. I feel I can ask any question about guitars, amps, pedals, recording devices, music theory, Blues, Rock, Metal, Classical, and he will tell you what he knows. I would also call him a friend. He's always been more that fair with me, and I look forward to our lessons each week.
· Classical Guitar · Online Michael has been my son's guitar teacher for over six years. When my son began his lessons, he knew nothing of music. Since then, Michael has taught him how to read music, music theory, and technique. Michael's teaching style is encouraging and motivating and appropriate to my son's skill levels. Michael now teaches both of my boys, and their skills continue to grow. If a student is willing to practice, Michael can take that student as far as he/she is willing to go.