- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Are you looking to sing or play keyboard, work on material for your band, build your repertoire, sing or play in the church choir/band, audition for a production, become a better lead singer in your rock or pop band, overcome stage-fright or wanting to get to the next level? You have come to the right place!
My lessons provide students with an opportunity to deeply explore the voice, build confidence, and to develop healthy and effective singing practices, which can be applied to any style of musical singing and playing.
A well-rounded music education is very important and I have fun and educational resources for learning vocal technique, ear training, harmony, pitch matching and music theory.
I am very fortunate to have performed and studied Classical and Opera, musical theater productions, have sang in Rock, Pop, Country, R&B bands and can bring that real-world experience into the lesson. The student will receive real hands-on knowledge about singing in a variety of environments and how to manage his/her vocal goals!
In addition to being vocally healthy, I encourage self-expression and enhance self-esteem in my students: singers of all ages, skill levels and styles. Plus, it has to be fun, otherwise why do it? Singing is a process and less about the end goal and we train the body, mind and use imagination and it's a very exciting process!
***My students regularly receive scholarships and placement in music schools and programs around the U.S., have won competitions, do well in auditions, are performing in successful bands and/or recording artists.
I am energetic and enthusiastic; actively promote values and traditional teaching practices coupled with the introduction of technology into the lesson. My experience as an educator is to share passion and talent for music with the next generation of musicians and outstanding communication skills. I really care about my students and provide the tools to help them reach their goals!
Bachelor of Music, minor in Psychology from Michigan State University
Master of Vocal Pedagogy from Oakland University
Here is some of my experience as a performer: I have sung Internationally at the renowned Eisteffodd Music Festival in Wales, toured through Britain and performed at the Laupin Agile Cabaret in Paris. I was honored with a nomination to attend the prestigious Yale Cabaret Conference and worked with cabaret legend Julie Wilson and Manhattan Transfer founder Laurel Masse. Sung and performed roles with the Mid-Michigan and Detroit Opera Companies. Performed a production of Sleepwalkers with the Kari Margolis Brown Company at the O'Shaughnessy Theatre. I currently perform all over the Twin Cities with my own R&B/Soul Band, Melody and The Dramatics! Plus, I am a contract vocalist and perform in a variety of other projects, so needless to say, it is all a very awesome ride!
*** Lesson Details ***
My laid-back and fun approach allows for versatility and is tailored to meet the needs of the individual student. When studying the art of singing you are gaining skills, which build confidence.
When you understand what you're doing and why, you bring more confidence to your performance. Progress is made with regular practice outside of lessons. Voice students record each private lesson through their devices and take notes in their own notebooks.
I have "warm-up" tracks which you can use in your car or at home and you will notice significant improvement once you start your routine.
Practicing is very important and I have great methods to teach students how to maximize their time and get the best results! I am privileged to have an opportunity to teach and very passionate about coaching a student to meet his or her musical goals!
Also, I have a Beagle named "Bacon" and he will always be very excited to see you, however he does calm down when you're in the studio. In addition, I have two cats, so please let me know if you have allergies or any special recommendations.
Thanks so much!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Lessons in the music room, PA system, piano, keyboard, laptop, recording microphone, microphone, mirror.
The house is in a cul-de-sac and there is ample street parking. Also, in the case of a snow emergency, you will be able to park in the driveway.
*** Specialties ***
I teach in a variety of vocal styles including, rock, pop, jazz, country and classical, keyboard and music theory. I have been trained by some of the best instructors in the country and strive for my students to be vocally healthy, so they'll have long careers. I also perform in professional bands, orchestras and can bring that experience into the lesson.
Energetic and enthusiastic; actively promote values and traditional teaching practices coupled with the introduction of technology into the lesson. Experienced educator eager to share passion and talent for music with the next generation of musicians and outstanding communication skills.
I plan individual lessons and overall plans of work for students;
developing knowledge of materials and repertoire for students at different stages of their musical development;
I teach students to learn harmonies, musicianship and how to perform in an authentic rock show environment.
I took an online songwriting class through Coursera (Berklee College of Music)
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· Piano · In studio Melody is great!
· Singing · In studio We love Melody! She's awesome and my daughter loves her already. My daughter sings but is a beginner and Melody make sure she understands the first few steps before singing. She's very bright and funny. Love her!
· Piano · In studio Melody was great. It was my very first piano lesson and she was very kind and generous with support. Looking forward to the next one.
· Singing · In studio A great teacher to help you get started in the world of singing. Really covers the basics for all types of singing. Can help anyone with any type of singing. She's even helping me train for a kpop audition.
· Singing · In studio Melody is great! I think she is a fantastic teacher and I would highly recommend her.
· Singing · In studio My kids loved her! She was fun and knowledgeable. Both of them wished they had more than 1/2 an hour!
· Piano · In home Excellent experience and Melody makes learning the piano very fun and enjoyable. Would highly recommend her,
· Singing · In studio Amazing! I feel confident she will take me to where I want to be. Or at least 1,000 better than where I am
Now. I felt very comfortable right away.
· Singing · In home Melody listens to what you want and responds accordingly. Her lessons are designed with you in mind. She smiles and laughs with you and seems to be just genuinely happy to be teaching. She loves what she does.
· Singing · In studio She is wonderful with my little girl. My daughter looks forward to her lesson every week. Thanks Melody!