Melody's guitar lesson, include guitar techniques and music theory. Lesson package includes: 35 basic guitar chords, strumming patterns, fingerstyle accompaniment, and students' prefered song as playing and singing exercise. Goal: students will be able to play and sing pop songs with appropriate accompaniment techniques, feel success and accomplishment from the learning experience.
The first lesson starts with assessing the student's needs, ask about students' music style preference, and create students' prefered music learning program.
Also Melody has a BA in guzheng performance from Xi'an Conservatory of Music in China, one of the nine top conservatories in China. She has taught the Chinese unique musical instrument guzheng for over 10 years for adults as well as children.
In addition, Melody is a board certified music therapist in the US. She holds a Master’s of Music in Music Therapy from Colorado State University, and earned her Certificate in Music Therapy at Shenandoah University, Virginia. She accept students with special needs all age, provide tailored music learning experience for students.
Teaching weekly 1:1 guitar lesson including guitar chords, strumming patterns, music theory and singing while playing the guitar. Students can bring their favorite music into lessons!
Teaching weekly group guzheng lesson (a Chinese string instrument), including techniques, music theory and music expression.
Provide group music therapy services for all age clients including children at elementary school, adults at group home, and elders at healthcare centers in the bay area CA.
Music therapy is the specialized use of music by a credentialed professional who develops individualized treatment and supportive interventions for people of all ages and ability levels to address their social, communication, emotional, physical, cognitive, sensory and spiritual needs.
AMTA's purpose is the progressive development of the therapeutic use of music in rehabilitation, special education, and community settings. Predecessors, unified in 1998, included the National Association for Music Therapy founded in 1950 and the American Association for Music Therapy founded in 1971. AMTA is committed to the advancement of education, training, professional standards, credentials, and research in support of the music therapy profession.
· Guitar · In home Melody was a knowledgeable teacher with rich teaching experience. She understood which area I needed to improve and planned the lessons accordingly. She chose songs based on my request, but she also found good practice songs for me which helped me play the songs I selected better. She prepared well before each lesson. I learned a lot from her in a short period of time. Thank you Melody!
· Guitar · In home Before our first lesson with Melody, my daughter was very nervous. While now...she cannot wait to learn from Melody again. Melody is super patient, yet very experienced, to make her lessons interesting. Thank you Melody!
· Guitar · In home My 10 year old daughter has been taking guitar lessons from Melody for over a year. In the beginning, my daughter had no knowledge of how to play a guitar nor was she familiar with notes or chords. Today she is able to read and play songs ranging from The Beatles to Taylor Swift (one of her favorites). I look forward to more lessons from Melody where my daughter will be able to learn more skills in playing the guitar.
· Guitar · In studio Melody is a knowledgeable teacher, who can answer any questions.
· Guitar · In studio Great instructor!
· Guitar · In studio Being a complete beginner I had no idea where to begin. Melody is the most patient teacher I have ever had! Made learning easy and fun!! She understands how to teach in a down to earth, approachable, and meaningful way. Thank you Melody for adding to my experience!!
· Guitar · In studio Very positive and rewarding experience! Melody is very patient and encouraging! I am looking forward to our next lesson!!