- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I grew up in a music store, and learned a love for music at an early age. I started piano at age 3, and just kept adding instruments from there. I majored in music at MidAmerica Nazarene University, where I was on scholarship for Piano, Trumpet and French Horn. I have taught General Music, Beginning Band, and Beginning Orchestra in four LA area private and charter schools, as well as teaching music classes for home-school co-op groups in the Hollywood area. I've been teaching private lessons for nearly 10 years, taking students from ages 4-adult, from beginner to intermediate skill levels.
*** Lesson Details ***
Music should be fun, and my lessons are geared towards keeping students engaged and excited. I've developed a very out-of-the-box teaching style that takes into account the student's learning style, interests, and goals. It's important for students to feel successful from day 1, and it's my goal to have each student playing a song by the end of the first lesson. We sing, move, and play our way through music!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Casio PX-800 digital 88 weighted key piano
*** Travel Equipment ***
*** Specialties ***
Improvisation, Composition, Music Theory.
2nd (3rd, 4th) instrument training
Early readers, young students
Custom design lesson plans for individual students on various musical instruments to spark passion and help students succeed in music
Helped beginner students try different instruments and select the right instrument. Taught group beginner classes covering care, maintenance, and beginning technique. Helped advanced students try and select basic pro and pro level instruments to help them move forward as musicians. Customer education.
NAMM is the not-for-profit association that promotes the pleasures and benefits of making music and strengthens the $17 billion global music products industry. NAMM's activities and programs are designed to promote music making to people of all ages.
· Ukulele · In home I love the fact that Megan manages to balance exercises that are really fun and easy for me as well as some which are harder and which I need to work on. She adjusts the pace to my abilities and I always feel I have accomplished something after our lessons, which is great.
She lets me chose songs, but always has suggestions, if I don't.
· Clarinet · In home Megan is wonderful. She is punctual and thorough, very kind and very patient. She has a mastery of her instruments and a fun and patient style of teaching.
· Ukulele · In home Five stars
· Guitar · In home Megan was very knowledgable and she made my lesson fun and understandable to a novice like myself. Bi can't wait for my next lesson!
· Guitar · In home Megan is such a great instructor. She is enthusiastic, kind, patient, and very talented. Highly recommend her!
· Clarinet · In home Megan is fantastic, always on time, professional. Ty seemed to really enjoy and benefit from her lessons.
· Piano · In home I love Megan, she is such an encouraging and engaging teacher. She is very patient and kind, and she inspires me to learn more and practice to improve my piano skills. She teaches both me and my younger sister, and adapts her teaching style to our very different personalities. She is always on time, and always ready to dive in! I have had many music teachers and have taken music classes in the past, and I can honestly say that Megan is my favorite!
· Piano · In home Megan is not your ordinary private music teacher. She is very unique. She started by getting to know my kids likes and dislikes in the music and song realm. Then she used that to motivate them to learn the skills necessary to play that kind of music. She used small phrases from music they like to encourage them as they built their skill set. Her teaching goes beyond the mechanics of notes and rhythms and pitches. She lead my kids from the books and sheet music into creative improvisation and song writing. She is also excellent at making the theory fun. She is fabulous. She also teaches a lot of other instruments.
· Trumpet · In home good energy, very encouraging
· Piano · In home I can't say enough positive things about Megan. She works with both of my sons, teaching them piano. They have extremely different personality types and learning styles. It is amazing to see her adapt, creating the best learning environment for each of them. She has given them so much more than knowledge of how to play. She has given them a love for creating music.