- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Megan has most recently served as Principal Cellist of the Miami Symphony Orchestra, Guest Principal Cellist of Opera San Luis Obispo and State Street Ballet in Santa Barbara, California, and Assistant Principal Cellist of South Florida Symphony. She has performed with orchestras including Palm Beach Symphony Orchestra, Nu Deco Ensemble, Southwest Florida Symphony Orchestra, The Villages Philharmonic, and the Brevard Music Center Orchestra in Brevard, NC. She has also appeared recently as a soloist with the Miami Music Festival Orchestra and the Eastern Michigan University Symphony Orchestra. She was recently named the 1st prize winner of the Ann Arbor Society of Musical Arts’ 2015 Young Artist Competition and a winner of the 2015 Miami Music Festival Concerto Competition, conducted by Grzegorz Nowak of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. She has performed on stage with Plácido Domingo, Carter Brey, Andres Cardenes, and Audra McDonald as well as on tour with nationally recognized artists including Michael Bublé, Il Volo, and the Trans Siberian Orchestra.
Ms. C. has maintained cello studios in Michigan, Florida, and online for all levels. Besides maintaining a private studio, her teaching experience has included volunteer work in the Ann Arbor School District. She has also recently served as a chamber coach at the PhoenixPhest! Chamber Music Festival for 2014 and 2015 seasons and has served as cello instructor and chamber coach at the Ann Arbor Piano Teacher's Guild Chamber Music Festival.
Ms. Chartier holds a Master of Music in Performance from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and a Bachelor of Music in Performance from Eastern Michigan University.
Megan is relocating to Austin, TX and has on-site and online lesson availabilities open!
Ann Arbor, MI
Ann Arbor, MI
The American String Teachers Association, founded more than 60 years ago, is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players, helping them to develop and refine their careers. ASTA's members range from budding student teachers to artist-status performers. The organization provides a vast array of services, including instrument insurance, an award-winning scholarly journal, discounts on publications and resources, annual professional development opportunities, and access to collegial network of colleagues throughout the string profession.
· Cello · Online
· Cello · Online Wonderful first experience with the cello. Thank you Megan for making it fun and easy for me and my girls.
· Cello · In studio I loved my first lesson! Had a great time. Felt very relaxed. Megan is a great teacher. Bert patient and pleasant. She took her time to explain. I'm so excited and looking forward to our next lesson!
· Cello · In studio Megan Chartier is a professional cellist, and in combination with this has the rare ability to be a sensitive and thoughtful teacher. In a short time Megan took me from a complete beginner to understanding complex concepts covering all aspects of playing the cello. Her basic instruction, as well as insights to guide my understanding of how to hold the bow properly, correct finger position, swinging movements, appropriate weight, etc, took me further than I imagined. Throughout our lessons Megan stay tuned in to my instructional level, while accelerating my understanding of how to move towards excellence. Megan truly exemplifies "beginning with the end in mind." I highly recommend Megan as a Cello instructor.