- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Teaches students:
- and Ages 5+
- Teaching since:
I am a 28 year old, energetic teacher of almost any instrument, with my main instrument being trumpet. I have my masters in jazz studies from UNT and have been teaching since 2008! As a performing musician in the DFW area my goal is to help students understand how music works, develop great practice techniques, and create a hobby or profession that will last a lifetime.
*** Lesson Details ***
Each lesson is an hour long consisting of several different parts to help students to understand music from several different view points.
- First we engage in some guided listening to broaden our perspective of music and learn about the history of music.
- Second we work on fundamentals that help us to play music. This is like learning the alphabet before you learn to spell. We don't skimp on this part!
- Third we work our mind from a theoretical approach to understand the math behind how music works.
- Finally we spend the last third of the lesson applying all of this knowledge to a solo, song, or lesson book.
*** Equipment ***
Students should have a stand and their instrument for our first lesson. After the first lesson we will pick a book, song, or solo based on your level.
*** Specialties ***
Nick performs in DFW with several jazz bands, cover bands, and his own band the NM Jazztet.
Nick has his own studio, in addition to take lessons.
Before Nick went to receive a masters degree from University of North Texas, he worked as a Assistant Band Director in the FW ISD.
Texas Certified Music Educator.
State certified music educator
Nick is wonderful and I highly recommend him. He is patient, knowledgeable and has a real excitement for teaching. My son truly enjoys the lessons.
Nick is very patient and dedicated. Our daughter really enjoys his lessons, and is learning a lot from him. I would strongly recommend Nick, he is a great teacher, very flexible, punctual, sincere and overall a very nice guy.