- Levels Taught:
- Elementary, Middle School
I worked as Math tutor at Hector Fontanez Public School 103. I organized learning tasks in after school program. Helped students in problem solving skills. I also worked as math tutor with students one on one. I used with students critical thinking skills in math. Helped them solve math problems.
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+
- Teaching since:
- July 2009
My name is Maya S. My major is biology. I worked as a tutor for past 6 years. For the first time I volunteered as a biology tutor for students in 12th grade. I worked as a biology teacher at Orange Line After School Tutoring Center. Also I worked as a tutor at Hector Fontanez Public School 103. I helped students there with the Math and English. I also worked as a reading tutor at TutorsPree.
Taught and Implemented detailed General Biology unit plans for students ages 10-15. Utilized cooperative learning methods to increase involvement in the classroom. Provided students with additional instructions individually and in group.
• Implement and teach detailed Biology Unit Plans in Zoology for students aged 5-12
• Encourage students to draw animals to facilitate their learning of Zoological concepts
• Use cooperative learning method to increase involvement students in Zoology learning
• Provide additional one on one assistance for those students who were in need of
Molecular Biology Master Degree
Molecular Biology Bachelor Degree