- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! I am a pianist, vocalist, choral conductor and music teacher. I have approximately 20 years of music teaching experience.
Through the years, I have directed and co-directed many musical theater productions. I also love being a children's church choir director and I have also taught private piano and voice lessons for many years, too!
I have a bachelor's degree in music education from The University of Northern Iowa and a master's degree in music from Teachers College, Columbia University. I have also completed Level I of the Kodaly Certification from the Hartt School at The University of Hartford.
I received the Barnes and Noble Bookstore "My Favorite Teacher" Award and I have served on the NAFME Society for General Music as the Eastern Division Representative. I also received the "Teacher of the Year" Award from my school's PTA.
In my free time, I love to swim, hike, travel and spend time with my family. Of course, I always love to be creating music whenever and wherever I can!
I love teaching piano and voice lessons to students of any age and experience level.
I am looking forward to sharing my love of music with you!
The mission of TI:ME is to assist music educators in applying technology to improve teaching and learning in music.
The American Orff-Schulwerk Association is a professional organization of educators dedicated to the creative music and movement approach developed by Carl Orff and Gunild Keetman. Our Mission is: to demonstrate the value of Orff Schulwerk and promote its widespread use; to support the professional development of our members; and, to inspire and advocate for the creative potential of all learners.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
The American Federation of Teachers is a union of professionals that champions fairness; democracy; economic opportunity; and high-quality public education, healthcare and public services for our students, their families and our communities. We are committed to advancing these principles through community engagement, organizing, collective bargaining and political activism, and especially through the work our members do.
Founded in 1959, the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) is a nonprofit music-education organization whose expressed purposes outline the associations dedication to the advancement of choral music. The mission of ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
National Association for Music Education (NAfME), among the world’s largest arts education organizations, is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers. The Association orchestrates success for millions of students nationwide and has supported music educators at all teaching levels for more than a century.
Since 1907, NAfME has worked to ensure that every student has access to a well-balanced, comprehensive, and high-quality program of music instruction taught by qualified teachers.
· Piano · In studio My experience with Matt was fantastic. I am a beginner and he was able to explain the basics to me in a way that made sense. He is also a very patient teacher and an all around great guy. I would highly recommend his services to anyone looking to either learn the piano or sharpen their skills.
· Piano · In studio Very patient. Skilled. I feel I am already showing improvement after only three lessons. Very pleased.
· Broadway Singing · In studio Matt was kind, supportive and knowledgeable! He was fantastic!
· Singing · In studio Such an amazing teacher. Patient, kind, enthusiastic and encouraging. My daughter is absolutely hooked on music now. Two steps out the door after her first lesson and she exclaimed, "OK, I LOVED that!!" I can't wait to see how far she goes under Mr. Matt's direction!
· Classical Piano · In studio Amazing piano teacher!!! Patience of a saint!
· Classical Piano · So caring and flexible!