- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Originally from the Jersey Shore, Matthew is an educator and active freelance musician in the tri-state area. He received his bachelors degree in music education from the Mason Gross School of the Arts (Rutgers University) before completing his masters degree in music performance from the Steinhardt School (New York University).
Matt has studied piano since the age of seven, covering a variety of genres including classical, jazz, musical theater, and pop. While attending Rutgers, he regularly performed and was a featured soloist with the graduate-level Symphony Orchestra, Wind Ensemble, and Opera Orchestra; performance highlights and venues include Avery Fischer Hall, Symphony Space, NJPAC, and the Kimmel Center (Philadelphia). He has studied with contemporary leaders in oboe performance (Matthew Sullivan, Jonathan Blumenfeld, Nathan Hughes, Geoffrey Burgess) as well as a variety of classical and jazz pianists (Karina Bruk, Andy Milne).
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Piano · In studio My daughter said she really enjoyed herself and can't wait to see you again
· Piano · In studio Very knowledgeable, patient, kind , fun, energetic instructor. I will refer him to anyone.
· Piano · In home Sophia, my six year old, had her first lesson this evening with Matthew. He was extremely attentive and understood very quickly where she was level-wise and was able to tailor a lesson without hesitation. She really enjoyed her time and I think she got a lot out of it. She can't wait for next week.
· Classical Piano · In home Just a very knowledgeable, very patient instructor who loves teaching.
· Classical Piano · In studio He has higher expectations than her previous teacher and communicated them in a fun yet firm manner to my daughter. She left her first lesson with him with renewed spark for piano. He's a great fit for us.
· Oboe · In home the very first class goes very well. My daughter like Matthew. although the location in DC, it is in a school, so parking is easy.
· Oboe · Online I've had three lessons with Matthew and I'm really enjoying them. He is extremely knowledgeable and very supportive. I highly recommend him!
· · A Great Learning Experience
Learning with Matt has given me much confidence in my singing. His excellent teaching skills gives me more confidence to perform, audition, and has indeed improved my vocal chords. Aside from just learning how to improve my singing, Matt has really been a great help on providing me information that I needed to know about Musical Theater, which I really appreciate his complete advice. With such a positive attitude, he thoroughly explains how to warm up the voice and pronounce every consonant/vowel. I, myself, can hear the difference when I perform songs as well as my family and friends. He is a tremendous teacher and I recommend him to anyone who wants to learn how to improve their singing and confidence.
· · Working with Matthew B.
Mr. Matthew B. is a very helpful and knowledgeable instructor. He goes through the passages of each lesson with me, points at the most complex areas and asks me to focus the practice on those when doing exercises. I am pleased to have Mr. Mathew B. as my piano instructor.
· · Encouraging. Challenging. Exciting. Improvement.
Matt is a great teacher. He has the ability to pinpoint mistakes and correct them with tips and tricks he uses in his own practice. He creates a comfortable and understanding environment, yet still challenging. I look forward to our lessons and I see myself improving every week. Highly recommended!