- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I've been playing Irish fiddle and guitar since around 1990, and have been teaching guitar since then and fiddle for the last 20 years or so. I taught on staff at the Augusta Folk Heritage workshop at Davis and Elkins College for 10 years.
I've traveled and played in Ireland quite a bit. I love teaching Irish repertoire, style, ornaments and variation on the fiddle and guitar as well as guitar accompaniment in DADGAD tuning, though I'm fully comfortable in standard tuning as well.
I've worked with kids, adults, beginners, accomplished violinists who are moving over to the fiddle, and fiddle players who want to open up to some new approaches.
I lived in Washington DC for many years leading sessions and playing for Ceilis and contra dances. I have been living in Wisconsin for the last 10 years.
· Fiddle · In studio Matt is a talented fiddle player and musician with a gift for teaching and a passion for sharing his knowledge of traditional Irish music with students of all ages and abilities.
· Guitar · In studio Matt is the Aces! Sometimes good players aren't necessarily good teachers. But Matt is an excellent player and an excellent teacher! He is always upbeat and encouraging, and enables learners to feel good about themselves and their progress. He is great as a group instructor, or one on one. Fiddle, music theory, and all types of guitar: folk, Pop, R&R, Jazz, Irish, DADGAD. A very likable fellow. You'll be glad to have Matt as your teacher!
· Fiddle · In studio Matt is an excellent musician AND teacher. He integrates teaching technicalities of the instrument with expression, variation, phrasing and philosophy to give a student a multi-dimensional approach to learning that he also manages to make fun. Very highly recommended as a teacher and as a performer. This guy knows his stuff!