I'm a highly astute, innovative & patient post graduate who believes organized study strategies with a diligent work ethic will lead to academic success. Having a strong background in the Sciences - BS in Biology, and Biochemistry, a Post-bacc certificate in Bioinformatics & Research Studies and an MS in Biomedical Studies; my teaching experience for over 10yrs has been well-versed across the board. I have done Microsoft Office teaching, Elementary, Middle, High School & College Tutoring, as well as Exam test prep.
One-on-one and group sessions. Homework help, daily/weekly course reviews, and workshop services for study skills and exams - ACT, SAT& SSAT prep.
Organized Grades 3 - 8 after school activities, tutoring and teaching weekly. Taught the same grades as scheduled.
College of Arts & Sciences tutor, and lead tutor.
Athletic Services Summer Tutor in Math, Science, Literature & Writing.
· GMAT · In studio I just received my test scores and broke the 85th percentile thanks to you! I had not scored anywhere close to what I got, on any practice before, but she guaranteed score jumps weekly with her created study schedule and each week my score consistently went up. I am VERY VERY VERY glad I used her. Marthe has helped streamline and edit my thesis as well and is just great at teaching information and providing study techniques to suit you. I will absolutely be back for GRE prep!!!
· AP Statistics · In studio My son is a high school senior who plays sports [limited on time] and just could not make it happen in this class. He has As & Bs in everything else but was on the verge of failing. I was very frantic at all outside help not working. Thankfully something has worked with Marthe and he now has a cumulative grade of a B+!!! I have observed her teach, she is very thorough, forthcoming with extra materials and has really taught him how to think...analyze...problem solve and take tests! They built good rapport very fast and her concepts and multiple ways of attacking problems have been key here. A+
· Physics · Online Awesome tutoring job: very detailed and really refreshed my Math for me as well within the Physics. She helped me through the class and its lab so I would very highly recommend her.
· Calculus · In home I tried my school's tutoring center over the break and saw no improvement in my class so I went through two tutors before finding Marthe. My problem was with their speed and lack of clarity in the teaching but I'm glad to say that I've had none of these issues with her. She is extremely knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and clear in her teaching. I'm definitely no math wiz but with Marthe's help I scored a 94% in Calculus I. I have recommended her to my close friends and will use her until graduation and likely for my GMAT as well. She is amazingly good at Math!
· Calculus · Online Being a Computer Science major in college, I really needed help with Calculus. I had to drop out my first semester taking it because I fell behind and couldn't get a grasp of it. I needed extra help, and Marthe was there to help me out. She's a very good teacher, she's patient, and a great communicator. Her lessons are clear and concise, and she makes the work easy to understand. She helped me to pass Calculus with a B+, which I thought was unthinkable since I had so much trouble the first semester taking it. I'd recommend Marthe to anybody who needs help in a variety of subjects.
· Organic Chemistry · In studio OHMYGOSH where do I start. Marthe is probably the smartest and coolest tutor I have ever had. She is so accommodating because I was so stressed out after already failing this in the Spring. We talked on the phone and met twice for two hours and she broke Orgo down to the Math component of it and then the Chem. She will relate it to the most common basic thing in seconds and it clicks. She also does this big connecting chain-map diagram for naming, reactions and math tricks. Hours in class confused and I got it in FIVE minutes! She came up with great quizzes and by the time we went over the review the day before the exam, I made an A-. EVERYTHING she focused on was on the test in the same way she set her questions. I could not believe it!!! I had failed both tests before and had studied endlessly. I'm already seeking her help for Stats, Calc and Physics this semester.