- Levels Taught:
- Elementary, Middle School, High School, College
This program is bilingual for those who need it (English and Spanish), is a very useful tool to do the math homework, and is adapted to common core standards.
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- September 1992
I have been a math, Spanish and intellectual learning abilities teacher for over 18 years and my first language is Spanish. I became a teacher to help students feel and become successful in school, and achieve their goals.
1. SPANISH LESSONS:
Online Adult Classes
In site Children and Adolescents K to 12th grade
I teach with an educational program that develops proficiency in spelling, vocabulary and reading comprehension of the Spanish language. At the same time, enhances their intellectual capacity and critical thinking.
I adjust the lessons for each student.
In site Children and Adolescents K to 10th grade
I teach with an educational, fun system which assists students in deep understanding of mathematics so that all students who practice it, develop their capacity in this area.
This system is a very effective tool in the formation of math concepts as it has methodologies for enrichment and remediation.
1. Developing the original “Qbits Constructive Math” as an educational program from kindergarten to 5th grade.
- Design, plan, write and edit 12 books, including workbooks for students and teacher’s manuals.
- Train vendors, commercial distributors, advisors and consultants in Mexico, achieving sales of more than 5,000
workbooks per year to 50 schools.
- Design courses for teachers.
2. Project Leader of “Habilmente” TM: Development Thinking Skills from kindergarten to 12th grade.
- Review, upgrade and edit a total of thirteen student workbooks and thirteen teacher's manuals.
- Train vendors, commercial distributors, advisors and consultants in Mexico and Latin America, achieving sales
of more than 85,000 books per year to 150 schools.
- Design courses for teachers, principals and parents.
- Write operating manuals to reproduce the training model.
3. Operations: design and train for program logistics, contributed to customer service, continuing education,
coaching and advice for more than 1500 teachers.
1. Established the learning center, developed the operational model and trained more than 40 teachers.
2. Worked with more than 300 students over 4 years of operation.
3. Developed strategic relationships with more than 35 schools.
4. Prepared and organized over 6 parent’s conferences per year.
1. Prepared and delivered lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities.
2. Provided more than 30 hours of instruction per week with 35 students per classroom.
3. Participated in and organized extracurricular activities, such as outings, social, and sporting events.
I took Spanish classes with Marta. She didn't show up for the 5th lesson and after my polite inquiry she sent an email suggesting I should look for a different teacher and cancelled the remaining lesson. This was a very disappointing turn of events for me after having had 4 good lessons with her. While I understand that life can get in the way and priorities can shift, I would at least have expected an explanation.+ Read More
Marta is very nice and sweet! I like that she gives me homework every week and forces me to speak Spanish during our lessons. Great teacher!
Marta is a great instructor. She has helped my daughter expand her Spanish vocabulary immensely. She is professional and incorporates "fun" with learning. I would recommend her to other parents who have children that need tutoring.
Marta is very nice, easy to get along with and friendly. I think this is an important quality for a teacher to have because anyone who wants to learn a new language usually will have some kind of fear or nervousness about learning a new language. But Marta helps the student feel more comfortable and excited to learn. I can also tell that she has a great love for teaching, which is great!+ Read More
Mi hija esta muy contenta con sus clases y yo también, ha mejorado sus grados y habilidades no solo en matemáticas pero en general. Marta es muy agradable y conoce bien lo que esta enseñando, ademas es muy paciente y les hace el aprendizaje divertido de maneras muy creativas. Les recomiendo mucho sus clases.+ Read More
My son was doing terrible in school until this teacher took over and showed him how to have fun with math, which made him to have fun by learning. After a short while he started doing better in all the other subjects in school.
It looked strange to me, that he started to enjoyed going to math class, and there for, doing much better in school.
She is an excellent teacher and knows her subject very well. I will recommend her in every instance.
I participated in Spanish speaking classes and was extremely impress by her teachers demeanor. She is very optimistic and clear about the subject.
I will recommend her strongly any time.
My son absolutely loves Math sessions, we just went back to school and my son is already asking me when will he start Cubits. This class helped my son tremendously in his math class and helped him understand place value, adding without using his fingers.. I am amazed at how much my son progressed. I truly recommend Martha P. with my eyes closed she is truly amazing at what she does.+ Read More