- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Marjorie has taught beginners to advanced students of all ages in every vocal style including Opera, Classical, Musical Theatre, Pop, Jazz, Folk, Rock, R&B and Gospel at Hunter College, New York University, La Guardia Community College, The Learning Annex as well as her private vocal studio in NYC for the past 25 years.
Marjorie received her Bachelor of Music degree from the University of Georgia and a Special Studies Award in Voice and Opera from the Eastman School of Music. Marjorie has sung at Venice's Grand Teatro La Fenice, Carnegie Hall in NY, Rome's Teatro dell'Opera, Cagliari's Teatro Lirico and the New York Grand Opera.
She was the winner of the Luciano Pavarotti International Voice Competition and a finalist in both the Enrico Caruso Voice Competition and McAllister Opera Awards Competitions. Recently she was featured on Channel 5 Good Day New York morning news program.
IF YOU CAN TALK YOU CAN SING and I guarantee it!!!!!
I teach beginners and advanced of all ages as well as all styles of music:
Opera - Classical - Musical Theatre - Pop - Jazz - Folk - Rock - R&B - Gospel
*I teach the freedom of the jaw, neck and shoulders to allow the breath to connect without tension allowing the production of a free vocal tone.
*Singing on the vowels with clean articulated consonants before and after the vowel is sung.
*Correct understanding and pronunciation of French, Italian, German and English languages
*Musicianship, theory, piano, all musical styles and song writing
*Performance and acting skills
*Annual Student Recitals in professional New York City Venues
*** Lesson Details ***
Lessons take place at my home studio. Lessons may be recorded on my professional recording equipment or you may bring your own recording devices. This is an excellent learning tool. I teach my students how to extend their range, increase breath control and the freedom of their body in order to enable a free and easy produced vocal tone. I teach song repertoire to the student's particular musical style choices. I also work with students that wish to write their own songs so that their musical ideas can be heard clearly and precisely. A guitar is available for students if they wish to use it to accompany themselves. I teach my students how to deal with performance anxiety . Students are presented in recitals twice a year and performance classes are held once a month in addition to the private lessons.
IF you can talk you can sing and I guarantee it!!!! I teach beginners to advanced of all ages.
*** Specialties ***
I teach the freedom of the jaw, neck and shoulders to allow the breath to come without tension allowing the production of a free vocal tone.
Beginners and advanced of all ages. "If you can Talk you can Sing and I guarantee it!!!! Opera - Classical - Musical Theater - Jazz - Folk - R&B - Gospel - Country - Rock -
My opera company La Piccola Opera is booked into school assembly programs by the company Arts Horizons out Englewood, N.J.
La Piccola Opera performs abridged versions of four different operas in their original French and Italian languages. These performance are costumed, staged and include English narrations throughout the operas. I founded LPO with the idea of bringing opera to those who never had the opportunity to experience the joys of grand opera. LPO performs for school assembly program, senior centers and private functions.
I have taught voice and piano for over 30 years. My teaching experience has been at the Learning Annex, Hunter College, La Guardiia Community College, New York University and my private New York city studio. I teach not only how to produce the voice and style of music my students are working on but also composition and performance techniques to avoid stage fright and performance anxiety.
My opera company La Piccola Opera performed the operas CARMEN and a children's opera LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD.
Voice classes for beginning singers learning all styles of music
I sang the roles of Carmen from the opera CARMN and Musetta from the opera LA BOHEME.
The sang the role of the opera singer Carlotta from the musical PHANTOM
I taught private students in the "class without walls" which was a program in which Hunter College sent me private voical students to take private lessons in my home.
I sang the role of Violetta in the opera LA TRAVIATA
I covered the role of Norina in the opera DON PASQUALE
I sang 15 performances as a Blumenmadchen in the Opera PARSIFAL.
I sang the role of Fiakermilli in Strauss' ARABELLA .
I sang the role of Xanthe in Strauiss' opera DIE LIEBE DER DANAE. at New York City's Carnegie Hall
I performed the roles of Violetta from LA TRAVIATA, Oscar from UN BALLO IN MASCHERA and Musetta from LA BOHEME
I taught vocal students private voice lessons in my home. New York University's "class without walls program" sent me the students which received voice credits for each semester they took the "class without walls" vocal lessons in my home.
I sang the role of Adele from DIE FLEDERMAUS on tour
The New York Singing Teachers Organization is a company that certifies voice teachers all over the country
Professional Women Singers Association is an organization that auditions singers to be accepted into their organization. PWSA is a networking organization for professional opera and clasiscal singers
In order to join the American Guild of Musical American Artists a singer has to have had three union singing jobs sponsored by AGMA.
NYSTA, is a company that certifies voice teach all over the country, PWSA is a networking organization for professional opera and classical singers and AGMA is the singer's union
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
An American labor union that represents 8,000 current and retired opera singers, ballet and other dancers, opera directors, backstage production personnel at opera and dance companies, and figure skaters.
· Singing · In studio Started working with Marjorie on a whim. It turned out to be one of the best spur of the moment decisions I've ever made. To start off, I had absolutely no background in singing. I do a lot of public speaking so wanted to work on my enunciation. So I decided to go the extreme and learn to sing. If you can sing in front of people, you have no problem enunciating.
Marjorie has a wide range of students, from beginners to advanced. One thing you can be certain about her is that she has a passion for teaching and loves teaching beginners. The commitment to help you improve is there. In my opinion, that is what you want in a teacher. I have the utmost confidence in recommending Marjorie to someone who is looking for a teacher.
· Singing · In studio Marjorie is a delight. From the moment I walked in she had a smile on her face and I felt very welcome. From just one lesson she showed me techniques that extremely enhanced my voice with no pressure on the throat. I had not really sung for ten years and I felt like my voice is still there. It made me very happy. I am using the techniques daily until our next appointment. I highly recommend her!
· Singing · In studio As if I opened a new world of singing.
· Singing · In home Totally beyond all my expectations. I have learned so much already after just one lesson. Very professional and exellent teacher! I can't wait for my next lesson!
· Broadway Singing · In studio Marjorie is a wonderful teacher! I am so impressed after just one lesson.
· Speaking Voice · In home Marjorie is warm and welcoming, with a wealth of knowledge about all aspects of performance. She has the ability to coax her students out of their comfort zones, while minimizing their fear and maximizing their thrill of accomplishment, in doing something new and challenging.
· Singing · In home Obviously very experienced. Has a passion for what she does and energy feeds into you. Absolute delight working with her.
· Singing · In studio I love working with Marjorie. I am learning so much with her. I am very shy, but I feel comfortable with her and am slowly gaining confidence in my voice. She is very supportive and I could not ask for a better instructor. I cannot wait to continue my lessons with her!
· Opera Voice · In studio no stress, no fear, relax
good way to learn something new for me
very much enjoyable the whole time
you will feel good about yourself too after the lesson
· Singing · In studio Marjorie is an amazing teacher!! She's very supportive and inspiring to the point that now I've started to get into songwriting. She even teaches me relaxation exercises to help nudge the creative spirit! I always leave her studio feeling enthusiastic, full of energy and looking forward to the next lesson!